300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office of Secure Transportation Federal Agent hiring

The National Nuclear Security Administration will be hiring Federal Agents for the Office of Secure Transportation. The mission states, "The Office of Secure Transportation (OST) provides safe and secure transportation of nuclear weapons and components and special nuclear materials, and conducts other missions supporting the national security of the United States of America."

Hiring is 03/05/12 though 03/18/12 for those of you who are interested.

https://fmt.kcp.com/OSTfederalagent/

A source advised that the travel is extensive.

I just checked a little bit what it's about, and as you well said it requires to be travelling 3 weeks every month, so that means for those who have a family it's going to be a bit tough. The job looks pretty interesting though.

Comment

Very squared away group of Agents, heavily armed (for good reason), and tons of travel.

Vital mission but the idea of driving around the country basically non stop is not appealing, this is not traditional LE or even close.

Good luck to those that apply, great job for the right person.

Comment

Only thing that sucks is they are on pay for performance(pay banding).

Comment

Only thing that sucks is they are on pay for performance(pay banding).
          Things work out in a good way with OT.

M-11
          “All men dream...... But not equally..
          Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
          but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
          for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Yep...they kill it in OT

Originally posted by M-11 View Post
            Things work out in a good way with OT.

M-11

Comment

not so sure on paybanding? Last I heard they were GS10 journeyman, you would think they would be at least 12 like FAMS
              ...and is commended as being worthy of trust and confidence

Comment

I was curious to see if anyone else had applied to this position. I applied on 06/01/2012, however I'm not sure if it is still open. I didn't see anything about the posting on USAJOBS so I think it is closed. It was only for ICTAP and VEOA. I had a couple questions for anyone who might know anything about the hiring process. I currently live in Minnesota, and the job posted was for New Mexico. Does this mean all hiring procedures will be done there? I remember reading somewhere that the applicants have a sort of 3 day hire-a-thon, where the agency conducts all the tests, interviews, etc. Also, should I anticipate this hiring to take as long, (or longer because of the extensive clearance) than other FLE positions? I already hold a TS SCI, so I was hoping it might speed up the process if I make it that far. If anyone could shed light on this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by spazzbite11 View Post
                  I was curious to see if anyone else had applied to this position. I applied on 06/01/2012, however I'm not sure if it is still open. I didn't see anything about the posting on USAJOBS so I think it is closed. It was only for ICTAP and VEOA. I had a couple questions for anyone who might know anything about the hiring process. I currently live in Minnesota, and the job posted was for New Mexico. Does this mean all hiring procedures will be done there? I remember reading somewhere that the applicants have a sort of 3 day hire-a-thon, where the agency conducts all the tests, interviews, etc. Also, should I anticipate this hiring to take as long, (or longer because of the extensive clearance) than other FLE positions? I already hold a TS SCI, so I was hoping it might speed up the process if I make it that far. If anyone could shed light on this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
                  Their 3 day hire-a-thon is in Albuquerque on Kirkland AFB. They have a medical unit there. They'll also do your interview there as well. For your background investigation, that's a crapshoot. I has a TS from the military and they used mine, just added the HRP mess on top of it for the Q. It wasn't too bad, but there were guys I saw that took forever as well. Some.guys ended up getting an Interim Q just to go through the academy.

Comment

Their 3 day hire-a-thon is in Albuquerque on Kirkland AFB. They have a medical unit there. They'll also do your interview there as well. For your background investigation, that's a crapshoot. I has a TS from the military and they used mine, just added the HRP mess on top of it for the Q. It wasn't too bad, but there were guys I saw that took forever as well. Some.guys ended up getting an Interim Q just to go through the academy.
                    Cool. I just wasnt sure if they still do the same hiring process. Thanks for the info.

Comment

I am assuming the position wasn't posted on their website because I never saw a vacancy annoucement. I have been waiting for them to post a VA for a while now. It is a bummer I missed it.

Good luck to you. I hope you get on.

Comment

Got this today:

"The vacancy that closed 6/4/12 required prior service as a Nuclear Materials Courier. I checked the system and noticed that you have not performed Nuclear Materials Courier duties, therefore I will not be able to consider you for this position. Luann"

WTF!!

I sent her an email back saying it was open to VEOA eligables as well... sooo we'll see.

"This position was open in order to rehire a previously employed OST Courier. In order for us to rehire him we are required to post a position to ensure that a federal employee does not have reemployment rights because of being displaced from federal employment (ICTAP employee). The posting must not preclude VEOA applicants, however, at this time we do not plan to hire any VEOA. I do suggest that you set up USAJobs to notify you when a Courier announcement is posted. I appreciate your interest in employment with NNSA."
                        Last edited by zackwest24; 06-05-2012, 05:58 PM. Reason: MEGA-FAIL

Comment

Originally posted by zackwest24 View Post
                          Got this today:

"The vacancy that closed 6/4/12 required prior service as a Nuclear Materials Courier. I checked the system and noticed that you have not performed Nuclear Materials Courier duties, therefore I will not be able to consider you for this position. Luann"

WTF!!

I sent her an email back saying it was open to VEOA eligables as well... sooo we'll see.

"This position was open in order to rehire a previously employed OST Courier. In order for us to rehire him we are required to post a position to ensure that a federal employee does not have reemployment rights because of being displaced from federal employment (ICTAP employee). The posting must not preclude VEOA applicants, however, at this time we do not plan to hire any VEOA. I do suggest that you set up USAJobs to notify you when a Courier announcement is posted. I appreciate your interest in employment with NNSA."
                          It was for an 1811( Criminal Investigator) vacancy bro, not 0084 (OST Federal Agent). Its their career ladder promotion from 0084 to 1811.

Comment

It was for an 1811( Criminal Investigator) vacancy bro, not 0084 (OST Federal Agent). Its their career ladder promotion from 0084 to 1811.
                            This was the announcement I applied for. This is the description directly from my application. Was there another announcement that was posted for 1811 that I'm not aware of? It said it was for grade 01.I guess I'm just a bit confused.
                            Vacancy Announcement: 12-0064-ICTAP
                            Position Title: Courier
                            Series: 0084A
                            Grade: 01
                            Location(s): Albuquerque, NM, US
                            Veteran's Preference: TP VET

Got this today:

"The vacancy that closed 6/4/12 required prior service as a Nuclear Materials Courier. I checked the system and noticed that you have not performed Nuclear Materials Courier duties, therefore I will not be able to consider you for this position. Luan
                            I have not received this email yet, but I'm sure it's coming.
                            Last edited by spazzbite11; 06-05-2012, 07:16 PM.

Comment

This was the announcement I applied for. This is the description directly from my application. Was there another announcement that was posted for 1811 that I'm not aware of? It said it was for grade 01.I guess I'm just a bit confused.
                              Vacancy Announcement: 12-0064-ICTAP
                              Position Title: Courier
                              Series: 0084A
                              Grade: 01
                              Location(s): Albuquerque, NM, US
                              Veteran's Preference: TP VET
                              Exactly the one I applied for as well.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9407 users online. 387 members and 9020 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X