Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S. Probation Officer Assistant

For those in the know:

In a few states, I am aware that positions such as Probation Officer Assistant, or that state's equivalent, are sworn and carry firearms. Although they report to the Probation Officer, they have many of the same responsibilities and duties.

Regarding the current position open on USAJobs, Probation Officer Assistant, I notice it falls under the 37 age requirement. It also says this position is "Law Enforcement." Is this position sworn and do they carry firearms? Also, do they fall under the Law Enforcement retirement?

Information on this position can be found at: http://www.uscourts.gov/FederalCourt.../Officers.aspx

From what it seems, they are FLEO's and do carry firearms.

Comment

Originally posted by ocracoke View Post
      Is this position sworn and do they carry firearms? Also, do they fall under the Law Enforcement retirement?
      I don't believe POAs are sworn. At least in my District, they don't carry firearms either. I do believe they get LE retirement however.

Comment

I worked at a US Probation Office back in college. Probation Officer Assistants have or share a caseload, and they do not carry guns. They do receive law enforcement retirement, though, so it's a good way to stop the clock if applying for other fed leo positions.

Comment

Do all federal probation officers carry guns? or is it just select states?

Comment

I believe they all do, but I could be wrong. Has anyone heard anything regarding the last announcement?

Comment

I believe they all do, but I could be wrong. Has anyone heard anything regarding the last announcement?
              which annoucement?

Comment

Either, but specifically the Assistant position in AZ.

Comment

Either, but specifically the Assistant position in AZ.
                  Nothin yet here.
                  Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

Comment

the one in AZ? I did (also for PO)...I applied for it in Jan. I also applied for about 12 other Federal probation postions withinthe country. Applying for 2 more today. Should be hearing back soon I hope

Comment

I wish I went for CBP (had an EOD date in December-too bad I can't go back in time and choose it instead of state probation), much more exciting. Eh....Federal probation it'll have to be.

Comment

if you have a spicific question PM me.

Comment

Good question, not sure if they carry guns... if their guys violate, it's always the USMS that gets them anyways...

Comment

Originally posted by lckyl16 View Post
                            Do all federal probation officers carry guns? or is it just select states?
                            It depends on the District. Beyond that it is an officer safety issue.
                            Originally posted by SSD
                            It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
                            Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                            And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

Anyone in the process currently that has some insight into the process?
                              Originally posted by RSGSRT
                              We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                              Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8677 users online. 392 members and 8285 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X