Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it realistically possible to be in the Guard and be an 1811?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I was an intern my Chief was a chopper pilot in the Reserves, and has been in the Marshals since they carried cap and ball revolvers and rode horses..He was deployed sometime last year with them for the 2nd or 3rd time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
      Bingo. If the job is listed as EE, you can't be in the Guard/Reserve.... Have to check the annoucement when applying for not only 1811 jobs but all Federal jobs.....
      Sorry I know this is an old thread but this is very confusing. So what about someone who becomes an fbi 1811 and wants to go into the Army Guard as well? Is this possible?? With leave being big in the beginning for basic and ait etc. What would happen in this case? No one has asked this questions especially for non priors who want to go guard that might be an 1811 already. Just Curious.

Comment

Originally posted by service4others View Post
        Sorry I know this is an old thread but this is very confusing. So what about someone who becomes an fbi 1811 and wants to go into the Army Guard as well? Is this possible?? With leave being big in the beginning for basic and ait etc. What would happen in this case? No one has asked this questions especially for non priors who want to go guard that might be an 1811 already. Just Curious.
        As far as I know, FBI 1811's are not allowed to be Reservists/Guardsman. You accept this upon hire and if you are a current drilling Reservist you must quit and fall into the IRR (the guys who are called in case of WWIII)

NOT all 1811 gigs are this way though, to be clear.

Comment

Originally posted by ClassicRabbit View Post
          As far as I know, FBI 1811's are not allowed to be Reservists/Guardsman. You accept this upon hire and if you are a current drilling Reservist you must quit and fall into the IRR (the guys who are called in case of WWIII)

I just talked to a buddy who he has a guy as of right now in his guard unit that is fbi 1811. So I have no idea how this works.
          Last edited by service4others; 01-25-2015, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ClassicRabbit View Post

Not true at all. My unit in NYC had 3 FBI agents drilling when I was there. When I was over in Afghanistan last year, I met 2 guardsmen who were FBI Special Agents. This is an urban legend.

To answer the original question, yes you can be a reservist/national guardsman and be a Special Agent but it is tough as you have limited free time as it is, will work weekends, and now 1 weekend a month is spent doing reserve duty. The plus is you can take military leave, and double dip for work days spent on reserve duty. The choice is up to you to see if its still worth it. I made my choice and am out.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6447 users online. 314 members and 6133 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X