300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jobs in and around Sacramento, CA

*I know this could be posted in California, but that forum is pretty buried and I wanted to get the most exposure for my question.*

I've searched USAJOBS, and that website is great, but I know how things work and a contact is better than an impersonal online application.

That being said, does anyone know of any current or upcoming job opportunities in the greater Sacramento area? It could be federal, state, or local, I'm just interested in getting my foot back in the door of the law enforcement community.

I spent 5 years active duty in the Army (Military Police) and will hopefully get on board with the local National Guard CID unit. Other than that I've been in college full-time and worked for a security company part-time. While I appreciate having the security job, the work environment as an armed security position put me in league with a wide range of fellow employees. From squared away kids with long term goals of law enforcement all the way to old, out of shape, goofballs who acquired a gun card to show off.

Enough of my rambling. What jobs are available in and around Sacramento?

Look here for California job vacancies. Not all are up to date.

https://www.calopps.org/search.cfm

http://www.porac.org/employment/employment.html

http://careers.cpoa.org/jobs

http://www.post.ca.gov/law-enforcement-jobs.aspx

http://jobs.ca.gov/CASPB/sup/images/...pe=30&Search=Y
    Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

I think I saw a couple Dept of Army investigations positions up on USAJobs...

Comment

All I really know is local agencies... and I would keep a close eye on calopps, neogov, and POST for leads.

I am assuming you have not been through an academy. You are probably going to have to start there, not many "trainee" positions now days.

Only department I can think of right now that is hiring is Stockton. Sac Sheriff may be starting hiring again. It looks like they are doing regular testing.
          Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by davmart86 View Post
            *I know this could be posted in California, but that forum is pretty buried and I wanted to get the most exposure for my question.*

I've searched USAJOBS, and that website is great, but I know how things work and a contact is better than an impersonal online application.

That being said, does anyone know of any current or upcoming job opportunities in the greater Sacramento area? It could be federal, state, or local, I'm just interested in getting my foot back in the door of the law enforcement community.

I spent 5 years active duty in the Army (Military Police) and will hopefully get on board with the local National Guard CID unit. Other than that I've been in college full-time and worked for a security company part-time. While I appreciate having the security job, the work environment as an armed security position put me in league with a wide range of fellow employees. From squared away kids with long term goals of law enforcement all the way to old, out of shape, goofballs who acquired a gun card to show off.

Enough of my rambling. What jobs are available in and around Sacramento?
            Your assumption of personal contact vs. an online application for federal employment is wrong. In order to get the federal jobs you have to apply through usajobs. If you go to the hr at the various agencies, they will tell you to go to usajobs if you have a computer, otherwise you mail or fax in your application. There are a few postings in usajobs for VA police, and right now VA has been mandated to give veterans priority in hiring. Now on the other side of that, you should get your disability rating from the VA. Depending on the rating it could give you either 5 or 10 point preference. Since you haven't mentioned when you discharged form the Army I really can't say much about other benefits you might have available to you. Load your resume up into USAJOBS and do an advanced search with the check mark on yes for veteran, disabled veteran if you have your disability rating. That will show more jobs available to veterans that can be hired under special hiring authority.
            GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5203 users online. 286 members and 4917 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
            X