FPS Police

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPS Police

Anyone heard anything since the expedited hiring at Southern Ca USMC bases?? Any word on academy dates?

Originally posted by mattiedubs View Post
    Anyone heard anything since the expedited hiring at Southern Ca USMC bases?? Any word on academy dates?
    I received two phone calls today. I am still on active duty and they wanted to know when I was available because they are trying to schedule classes. They did not give a specific time period. It seemed like they were trying to reach a consesus to make a class ASAP.

Comment

Originally posted by murphy7051 View Post
      I received two phone calls today. I am still on active duty and they wanted to know when I was available because they are trying to schedule classes. They did not give a specific time period. It seemed like they were trying to reach a consesus to make a class ASAP.
      What FO are u getting hired for?

Comment

You have me a little confused. You are asking about FPS (Federal Protective Service) hires for USMC Bases? As far as I understand the FPS provides protection for non-DoD facilities while service level 0083s that are hired by military services provide protection/policing for individual bases.

Can you clarify?
        Originally posted by SSD
        It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
        Originally posted by Iowa #1603
        And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

what fo are u getting hired for?
          dc

Comment

Originally posted by sgt jon View Post
            You have me a little confused. You are asking about FPS (Federal Protective Service) hires for USMC Bases? As far as I understand the FPS provides protection for non-DoD facilities while service level 0083s that are hired by military services provide protection/policing for individual bases.

Can you clarify?
            Fps went to Usmc bases and was doing an expedited hiring for military members.

Comment

Still a little upsetting to me. I'd love to work for them, and while I don't have military, I have a few other feathers in my cap that go along with their mission.

Any idea if they're going to open it up for everyone to have a shot?

Comment

Federal Protective Services

I was also hired at Camp P Sept 7th (I chose Oakland) They have cleared me for everything (medical, drug, TS clearance, Background). I spoke with HR who explaind they are just waiting for an academy date and then she will send out the final offer letter. She said i was completly done but they need a certain amount of people cleared for the academy (i think 12) before they send out final letters because academy dates change. I was told Dec4th if they could get enough cleared. Then was told Dec 19th and now it could be Jan 16th. Again, they are just waiting for people to clear everything then letters with academy dates will go out.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Comment

Originally posted by chenryppd View Post
                  I was also hired at Camp P Sept 7th (I chose Oakland) They have cleared me for everything (medical, drug, TS clearance, Background). I spoke with HR who explaind they are just waiting for an academy date and then she will send out the final offer letter. She said i was completly done but they need a certain amount of people cleared for the academy (i think 12) before they send out final letters because academy dates change. I was told Dec4th if they could get enough cleared. Then was told Dec 19th and now it could be Jan 16th. Again, they are just waiting for people to clear everything then letters with academy dates will go out.

Anyone else in the same boat?
                  I went to hiring event, but left due to there being no desirable locations. I then got an email a few weeks later for an opening. I got interviewed about 3 weeks ago, but haven't heard anything since. So I still have drug, clearance and all left. I was also told 4th and Jan 16th.

Comment

Originally posted by FD2FED1977 View Post
                    Still a little upsetting to me. I'd love to work for them, and while I don't have military, I have a few other feathers in my cap that go along with their mission.

Any idea if they're going to open it up for everyone to have a shot?
                    I am in the same boat with you.....I have been waiting for FPS to have a general public opening forever. Pretty much though federal system wide, it is increasingly becoming that people will not get hired by the federal government with out some type of veterans preference. With all the returning out of work veterans coming home and being unemployed, there is a big push to have federal jobs go to veterans.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuatro View Post
                      I am in the same boat with you.....I have been waiting for FPS to have a general public opening forever. Pretty much though federal system wide, it is increasingly becoming that people will not get hired by the federal government with out some type of veterans preference. With all the returning out of work veterans coming home and being unemployed, there is a big push to have federal jobs go to veterans.
                      Me being selfish (now putting that all aside).....I'm happy to see our vets get in, I'm fortunate to be in a secure gig right now. Glad to see the spots going to them versus filling "the quota" which plagues local and some federal government agencies.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuatro View Post
                        Right now, due to presidential order, Veterans are the big push for federal hiring. Unless you're a doctor, surgeon, or RN. Occasionally some places do have open announcements since they have been having a lack of qulified applicants. There are VA's in Wyoming, Nebraska, and Georgia that have been having trouble with getting vets to apply and have open announcements in USAJOBS.GOV
                        GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

I just checked and I dont see nothing on usajobs for fps.

Comment

Does anyone know about the criminal investigator position within the FPS?

From the website: Criminal Investigators
                            FPS Criminal Investigators are trained special agents who provide critical investigative follow-up response to criminal activity at federal facilities.

Is this position only available to current FPS officers? Does anyone know anything about the position?

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf Man View Post
                              Is this position only available to current FPS officers? Does anyone know anything about the position?
                              Depends on how the annoucement is made. It could be for internals or it could be for status...or it could be for everyone.....

They haven't had a 1811 or a 0080 annoucement in a while......so....until they do....who knows if/when how they will hire.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10515 users online. 413 members and 10102 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X