300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Law Enforcement Hiring Outlook

For those of you on here who are LEOs, what is your outlook for LE hiring (nationwide) for the next decade?

Are there any areas around the country, specific agencies, or specialties within LE that will have more job opportunities than others?

Do you recommend a LE career for others who are thinking about applying? Would it be wise for someone to just find another career and then apply on the side for LE jobs?

Originally posted by hangman View Post
    For those of you on here who are LEOs, what is your outlook for LE hiring (nationwide) for the next decade?

Are there any areas around the country, specific agencies, or specialties within LE that will have more job opportunities than others?

Do you recommend a LE career for others who are thinking about applying? Would it be wise for someone to just find another career and then apply on the side for LE jobs?
    Border Patrol is always hiring. The Patrol is a great agency to start a career with..Fed LEO job, many opportunities, great pay.

Comment

Originally posted by hangman View Post

I think it will be bad for at least 5 more years. Unless society totally falls apart we will always have a need for law enforcement officers. If you are applying on the local level look for a city that is financially stable with a good tax base. Stay away from the ghetto towns. They are more likely to let you go in rough times. I work for the USBP and we hire quite a bit. The USSS UD also hires often. If you are looking for a job in federal LE be prepared to wait at least 9 months to several years from application to enter on duty date. In this economy you need to be a squeaky clean applicant and you often need experience, education or military or all of the above. You will likely have to relocate to find a job. Its tough but you can land a job. It just takes a lot longer now. Good luck to you.

Comment

I was told USSS-UD hires a lot too; however, it doesn't seem like they have recently much. I applied in November and finished their process in July, and they said they have people who have finished the process since December 2010 who are still waiting to be seated in classes.

Originally posted by SHU View Post
        I think it will be bad for at least 5 more years. Unless society totally falls apart we will always have a need for law enforcement officers. If you are applying on the local level look for a city that is financially stable with a good tax base. Stay away from the ghetto towns. They are more likely to let you go in rough times. I work for the USBP and we hire quite a bit. The USSS UD also hires often. If you are looking for a job in federal LE be prepared to wait at least 9 months to several years from application to enter on duty date. In this economy you need to be a squeaky clean applicant and you often need experience, education or military or all of the above. You will likely have to relocate to find a job. Its tough but you can land a job. It just takes a lot longer now. Good luck to you.

Comment

From a fed standpoint, I think the next few years (can't speak to the next decade) will be a lot like the last: tough times for any agency that doesn't have a fairly sizeable homeland security nexus.

Of course, that's not taking into account whatever new plan our political whiz kids are hatching - get rid of 10% of gov't employees across the board, merge this agency into that one, outsource USSS protective details to the hairdressing community, or whatever other stupid shi% they're trying to come up with to make themselves look better...
          "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margaret's not coming?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11023 users online. 517 members and 10506 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X