300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride Along

I'm going to do my first ride along, can someone recommend proper attire. Jeans & nice shirt, dress slacks and a polo, suit and tie, ninja suite? I know I sound like a chick but really have no idea what to wear.

Originally posted by godmit23 View Post
    I'm going to do my first ride along, can someone recommend proper attire. Jeans & nice shirt, dress slacks and a polo, suit and tie, ninja suite? I know I sound like a chick but really have no idea what to wear.
    Since its Halloween you should be able to find a cop outfit readily available...that should work

OR

Khaki pants and polo will also work. Eyes/Ears open and mouth shut is a good rule...just let them know you want to get better feel for the job/agency.

Have fun and be safe

Comment

Originally posted by godmit23 View Post
      Go with the ninja outfit! Just kidding. When I went on my ride alongs, I wore my BLET uniform. A basic black tee, my BDUs and a pair of comfy black shoes. I didn't stick out too bad, but I was comfy and incase someone did try to go at me since I was close, I wasn't wearing nice clothes to mess up. Is this a ride along you have to do to get into an academy or is it because you're just interested in going into LE? I'm probably gonna be doing paid ride alongs with my agency until the state sends back my paperwork and I can get sworn in. The chief told me I could dress however I please. I'm going with my BLET uniform like before.

Comment

Originally posted by UD4LIFE View Post
        Since its Halloween you should be able to find a cop outfit readily available...that should work

OR

Khaki pants and polo will also work. Eyes/Ears open and mouth shut is a good rule...just let them know you want to get better feel for the job/agency.

Have fun and be safe
        X2
        Take a pocket notepad with you and write down any questions beforehand that you may want to ask the officer.
        Ask them, Tell them, Make them.

Comment

Originally posted by FiVo3 View Post
          X2
          Take a pocket notepad with you and write down any questions beforehand that you may want to ask the officer.
          Also a small bag/bookbag with water/snack in case you are humping calls all shift.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11051 users online. 519 members and 10532 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X