300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiring freeze

I supose almost everyone here knows about the Federal Government hiring freeze. I just spoke with the peron in charge of the student internship programs with the DEA and I was told that they're not even hiring students temporarily because this situation with the new fiscal year budget. My question here is, does anyone know if every single agency (Department of Justice, Homeland Security) is under this freeze? Is there any agency giving opportunity for student internhips or hiring right now? Thanks guys

The postal OIG actively hires student coops. Although, there isn't anything in investigations on their site right now.. Try usajobs.

http://www.uspsoig.gov/employment.cfm

I can't speak for student coops with other agencies.

Comment

Originally posted by albertogc View Post
      I supose almost everyone here knows about the Federal Government hiring freeze. I just spoke with the peron in charge of the student internship programs with the DEA and I was told that they're not even hiring students temporarily because this situation with the new fiscal year budget. My question here is, does anyone know if every single agency (Department of Justice, Homeland Security) is under this freeze? Is there any agency giving opportunity for student internhips or hiring right now? Thanks guys
      What hiring freeze? Have you not looked at USA jobs....
      "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

May as well be a hiring freeze! USAJOBS is slim pickings as of late for LE jobs.

Comment

Yea I've seen USAjobs they've got several LE jobs poetics that I would like to get. Even though it shows multiple agencies that are taking applications it doesn mean there hiring they often take applications to stock pile possible hires for later. Look at the threads on here of people who have been sitting around for up to 4 years waiting to go somewhere but haven't gotten any movement I just hope this isn't the case for me I have several student loans I need to start paying back.

Comment

Albert,
            I think your "freeze" may be because of the ending of the STEP/SCEP program which is the main internship program fed agencies use. The president signed an executive order ending the STEP/SCEP programs. A new program will be rolling out soon, there will be three different programs; a recent graduate program, a program simply called the internship program, and another I can't remember. The "internship program" is very close to STEP/SCEP. From what I have heard STEP/SCEP will end at the end of this year, so many agencies have ended their recruitment for the STEP/SCEP programs already.

Comment

Didn't know about new internships at all. I believe must be a positive thing coming up, specially the recent graduate program. Thanks for the info. Do you have any idea o when this may come up??

Originally posted by wildlife97 View Post
              Albert,
              I think your "freeze" may be because of the ending of the STEP/SCEP program which is the main internship program fed agencies use. The president signed an executive order ending the STEP/SCEP programs. A new program will be rolling out soon, there will be three different programs; a recent graduate program, a program simply called the internship program, and another I can't remember. The "internship program" is very close to STEP/SCEP. From what I have heard STEP/SCEP will end at the end of this year, so many agencies have ended their recruitment for the STEP/SCEP programs already.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9920 users online. 494 members and 9426 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X