300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expedited Hiring Police Departments

Already searched for the forum can't find a list. Which departments offer expedited hiring processes for out of state applicants?

I know there is,

Baltimore City PD
    LAPD

Who else? Thanks in advance.

I tried to do expedited / out-of-area hiring with LAPD and was told there is no such process anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by semper03 View Post
      Already searched for the forum can't find a list. Which departments offer expedited hiring processes for out of state applicants?

I know there is,

Baltimore City PD
      LAPD

GOOD THREAD! Let's hope we can keep this going.

Both Anchorage PD and Alaska State Troopers have expedited processes. I didn't make the journey but I applied.

Anchorages' process is seven days, obviously not including a BI. Pretty much you are in Anchorage for a week and complete ALL of thee steps.

Portland Oregon also expedites their process. They were actively recruiting this year in the San Francisco bay area. Three days, several tests.

Anyone else?

Comment

I believe Ft. Lauderdale has an expedited hiring system

Comment

Portland confirmed, thanks.

http://www.joinportlandpolice.com/faq.html#a2

"Do you have an expedited process for out of town applicants?

Yes. After a test date is confirmed, out of town applicants (more than 100 miles from Portland, Oregon) may request to schedule Phase II and Phase III in a 4-5 day testing process.
          Example of expedited schedule:
          Phase I - Friday
          Phase II - Saturday
          Phase III - Monday or Tuesday

More details will follow after a test date is posted. Generally, out of town applicants will be required to come to Portland, Oregon at least twice before they are sworn in."

Comment

Maryland State Police.

www.mdsp.org

Comment

Originally posted by UD4LIFE View Post
              Maryland State Police.

www.mdsp.org
              Confirmed, thanks.

Link: http://www.mdsp.org/Careers/StateTro...pplicants.aspx

"THE MARYLAND STATE POLICE OFFERS A "CONDENSED" PROGRAM FOR APPLICANTS THAT RESIDE OUT OF STATE (EXCLUDING VA, WV, PA, NJ AND DE) AND APPLICANTS THAT ARE ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY CURRENTLY DEPLOYED."

The program serves to condense applicants' hiring process in an attempt to minimize the inconvenience and exorbitant costs of travel.

The condensed process steps do not deviate from the traditional process for Maryland State Trooper applicants, however, the timing and order of the steps is altered, please visit the Trooper Now Hiring Page for more information about the process.

CONDENSED APPLICANT PROCESS ORDER

APPLICANT ORIENTATION INFORMATION SHEET
              APPLICATION

Once the application is received, reviewed and approved TFC Dawson will contact applicants to set up a week when an applicant can come to Maryland to complete the other steps of the process. During this scheduled week the applicant will complete the following steps:

FUNCTIONAL FITNESS ASSESSMENT TEST
              WRITTEN EXAM
              BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION INTERVIEW
              POLYGRAPH
              MEDICAL TESTING
              ORAL INTERVIEW

The entire process timeframe does not differ for condensed applicants, generally the entire process takes 4-5 months. After and prior to your trip to Maryland your application will continue being processed.

Comment

Originally posted by semper03 View Post

I know there is,

Baltimore City PD
                LAPD

VA Beach PD I believe has an expedited process also....

Comment

Bump........

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6939 users online. 292 members and 6647 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X