300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVIATION ENFORCEMENT OFFICER Pthree P-3

Did anybody else apply for this? I got my NOR back yesterday as qual'd and was wondering what the next step would be?

Aeo

I also was found Q'd. The next step I belive is to wait..LOL And I hate waiting.

Comment

I am interested in this position, though I did not apply for it if anyone has info.
      What is Perseverance?
      -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
      -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
      -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

It closed on the 14th of Sep..

Comment

Aeo

I'm curious about this position. Without sounding too much like a jackass what is their specific task within CBPO? The announcement stated they would be the qualified LEO on the ground till someone else arrives. So I'm assuming, and we know how that can end up, they are not the pilot or co-pilot. Plus this VA stated P3 in Jacksonville or Corpus Christi, another leap here, they won't HALO in and kick in a door from those A/C. So will they be crew manning the surveillance piece? The VA left a lot for my imagination to run with.... Any info would be great.

Also I read on the Delphi site about AEO and some are taking this VA with a grain of salt due to OAM always canceling the VA. Any thoughts on this? Again I would love to hear what a typical day is like for these guys and gals.

Comment

post deleted
            Last edited by o2force; 01-01-2012, 12:33 AM.

Comment

O2, I think you're right. It is hard to get into any of those positions if you don't have prior experience with those systems. The guys that try out for it that do have the experience have been doing it for awhile too. I'm not sure if something changed on the VA prior to the big changeover or not, but I could of swore that it stated the AEO would be the LEO. I also thought the AIA was the pilots and had to do check flights in OK. Can you clarify any or am I just dreaming this up? Do the Air Mobile Units work as this also? I wish their was more info on the specifics of the OAM.

Comment

Air Interdiction Agents (AIA) are the pilots, including the UAVs
                Marine Interdiction Agents (MIA) are boat captains
                Aviation Enforcement Officers (AEO) are non-pilot law enforcement officers/agents. However, they are probably trained as a supplemental air crew member. They generally operate on-board equipment, and will deploy from helicopters if they land.

All of these are law enforcement agents with arrest power. Even the UAV pilots carry their firearm while on duty.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9516 users online. 450 members and 9066 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X