300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probation/Parole Jobs in Ohio?

Hello, I am interested in obtaining a p/p job in ohio, but have not been able to find a department that is hiring. Anyone know of any p/p departments in northeastern ohio that are hiring or may be hiring in the near future? I have been searching for a couple of months now and am a little discouraged that I haven't even found a department that is hiring. I know a couple months is not a long time and that I need to be patient and continue to search, which I am. Just asking the forum to see if there is any glimmer of hope out there right now... Thanks.

Originally posted by jav122 View Post
    Hello, I am interested in obtaining a p/p job in ohio, but have not been able to find a department that is hiring. Anyone know of any p/p departments in northeastern ohio that are hiring or may be hiring in the near future? I have been searching for a couple of months now and am a little discouraged that I haven't even found a department that is hiring. I know a couple months is not a long time and that I need to be patient and continue to search, which I am. Just asking the forum to see if there is any glimmer of hope out there right now... Thanks.
    Sorry, brother, but you have picked probably the worst area in one of the most dismal of states as far as LEO employment. NE Ohio is a notoriously difficult market to get into now, and has been for the past 12 years. The Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction deals with all Parole Officer jobs. You MUST have a 4 year degree, and they prefer OPOTA certified candidates over non-certified. You would have to go to their website and contact their central office/recruiting to find out if and when they are hiring. They hire in cycles, and often institute hiring freezes. Last I checked, they are NOT currently hiring Parole Officers.

Probation Officer jobs in Ohio are typically offered at the county level and often work directly with Common Pleas Courts; and unlike Parole they may or may not be sworn LEO's. It depends if you have OPOTA certification; coming from out of state I am assuming you don't. It greatly varies from county to county.

Regardless, you face stiff competition and a tough market in Ohio. Coming from out of state, you're going to have an even more difficult time competing against all those other poor guys coming out of Self-Sponsor Academies; all of them trying to maintain their commissions before they lapse. IMHO, you should consider another state. Good Luck.
    Last edited by QuietPro; 10-05-2011, 08:24 PM.
    Just another squirrel, tryin' to get a nut......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6168 users online. 271 members and 5897 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X