300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Application for Police Officer

So I hope this is the right place to ask this, I'm filling out a App for Small City Police Officer, there is a question and its stated like this : Have you ever been convicted of a Law Violation by either a civilian or military authority? If Yes. explain fully. Conviction does not necessarily disqualify you from employment. I got into trouble when I was 16 for shop lifting and it was settled with Deverson ( Spelling?) Besides that no other problems besides some Speeding tickets and no front licenses plate and falure to provide insurance but was dropped when I showed proof. And Its been about 3 years since a speeding ticket. ( I have a fast car lol ) My question is this, what are they looking for on that question? Do I have to list any traffic ticket I have ever gotten and my shop lifting? even if the tickets were dismissed?

List EVERYTHING; including the dates they occured. 'Some' speeding tickets is vague......How many is "Some"? 2, 4, 6? The number of tickets, plus the TYPE of tickets you have, PLUS your insurance stop, AND your shoplifting arrest all raise serious questions. I'm assuming you are young. (Mid twenties.) L.E. agencies understand that everyone makes mistakes, and there is no such thing as a "Saint" applicant.

However, you've got a lot of baggage on your background for a young person. You need to be prepared to explain and account for all of your brushes with the law, with NO minimizing or excuses.

Remember- If you did it, you own it. BTW, it's spelled "DIVERSION".
    Just another squirrel, tryin' to get a nut......

Comment

"Some"??

List EVERYTHING; including the dates they occured. 'Some' speeding tickets is vague......How many is "Some"? 2, 4, 6? The number of tickets, plus the TYPE of tickets you have, PLUS your insurance stop, AND your shoplifting arrest all raise serious questions. I'm assuming you are young. (Mid twenties.) L.E. agencies understand that everyone makes mistakes, and there is no such thing as a "Saint" applicant.

However, you've got a lot of baggage on your background for a young person. You need to be prepared to explain and account for all of your brushes with the law, with NO minimizing or excuses.

Remember- If you did it, you own it. BTW, it's spelled "DIVERSION".
      Just another squirrel, tryin' to get a nut......

Comment

Alright that's just I wanted to know

Comment

And yes I'm 26.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9441 users online. 458 members and 8983 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X