Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There's no shortage of VA Hiring announcements around the country it's only a matter of time before another opens up in your area guys, keep applying like any LE agency it takes time. Best of luck to you. Stay safe
    Good Enough For Government Work.

Comment

• Originally posted by blaze76 View Post
      There's no shortage of VA Hiring announcements around the country it's only a matter of time before another opens up in your area guys, keep applying like any LE agency it takes time. Best of luck to you. Stay safe
      No doubt, Blaze. Yea, I'm a bit disappointed, but something else will come along without a doubt. It's a bit of a "kick-to-the-nuts" when you get an automated email telling you that you didn't get the job and not even an actual person :0 LOL All joking aside, thanks for the all the question answering etc. Be safe everyone, and I'll see you on the boards.

FLGS
      "You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on Earth, or we will sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness."
      -RONALD REAGAN, Oct. 27, 1964

Comment

• do they hire many in the ny/nj area? is it vets only no exceptions..Thanks

Comment

• I've seen a couple positions in NY City area open over the last year or so...Orange NJ not so much. VA gives preference to vets for hiring but apply anyway.
          Good Enough For Government Work.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomtom55 View Post
            do they hire many in the ny/nj area? is it vets only no exceptions..Thanks
            There is a current opening for the Northport VA in Suffolk County.
            I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• Hello again, all. So I'm applying for one of the VA Tampa positions. Has anybody heard any good bad things about the Tampa VAMC? It's on the opposite Florida coast for me, so I've never been over there before. Thanks all.

-FLGS
              "You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on Earth, or we will sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness."

Comment

• Originally posted by FLGunSlinger View Post
                Hello again, all. So I'm applying for one of the VA Tampa positions. Has anybody heard any good bad things about the Tampa VAMC? It's on the opposite Florida coast for me, so I've never been over there before. Thanks all.

-FLGS
                THey had an issue about 7-8 years ago with officers stealing patients info and opening up credit cards etc in the patients names.

Comment

• Oh s***, are you kidding me?? Well, that is something worth knowing, O-Fed, so I appreciate it. I'm sure heads rolled on that one. I see red just thinking about when a cop goes dirty anywhere, let alone a VET Cop stealing from other VETS. Thanks for the info.

FLGS

Comment

• Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                    THey had an issue about 7-8 years ago with officers stealing patients info and opening up credit cards etc in the patients names.
                    Orlando,
                    Not to be argumentative, but you are bringing up something from 7 or 8 years ago, I know this happened in the military by people that were in payroll section to guys that were on deployment around the same time. It's not a real reason to discourage people from applying for the job.

The VA in West Palm Beach has 40 employees and patients that were arrested last year for selling prescription meds on the streets last year. Those situations were dealt with and the guilty parties are no longer working here. The only thing to do is to replace them with better people and move on. Yes the reputation of the department was tarnished cause of the actions of a few or 1, but the only thing a department that has had this happen to them is to regroup, get better quality people and move on.
                    GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

• Originally posted by GIOSTORMUSNRET View Post
                      Orlando,
                      Not to be argumentative, but you are bringing up something from 7 or 8 years ago, I know this happened in the military by people that were in payroll section to guys that were on deployment around the same time. It's not a real reason to discourage people from applying for the job.

The VA in West Palm Beach has 40 employees and patients that were arrested last year for selling prescription meds on the streets last year. Those situations were dealt with and the guilty parties are no longer working here. The only thing to do is to replace them with better people and move on. Yes the reputation of the department was tarnished cause of the actions of a few or 1, but the only thing a department that has had this happen to them is to regroup, get better quality people and move on.
                      I worked DoD in Orlando at the time so I this to be a fact. The VAMC police in Tampa had several officers stealing patient info and opening up Credit card. I'll see if I can find the OIG report. I know they had a problem that forced almost all the mangement out. Like I said, it was 7 or 8 years ago.

Comment

• @Gio

I know what you're saying and appreciate it. I've already applied, and won't be discouraged by the stupidity of others. (reffering to the former VA Officers who were fired etc) I've no doubt that VAPD Tampa's reputation took a serious hit, but that was then and this is now. No worries on my end. There's 6 vacancies on this latest announcement, so I feel my chances are better than average at least. I got a lot of help from another Officer.com member / VA Officer on how to bring my Fed Resume up to speed, and feel that my application will be considered more seriously this time around. I'd been operating under the private sector way of applying, with a freaking 2 page resume, and have since been corrected on how the Feds want things Fingers crossed.

Comment

• Received a call from Long Beach, CA VA for an interview next month. Was told it was a 1 year gig with no benefits. Anyone have any advice or info?

Comment

• Originally posted by thvriens View Post
                            Received a call from Long Beach, CA VA for an interview next month. Was told it was a 1 year gig with no benefits. Anyone have any advice or info?
                            Sounds like it's only a Temporary appointment. My advice unless you are badly in need of a job right now: Pass. You can be canned at a moments notice, and they are under no obligation to extend your appointment past 1 year. Plus; no bennies? Pffft......
                            Just another squirrel, tryin' to get a nut......

Comment

• There are about 19 announcements for VA Police across the country. Some are multiple openings, some are just for 1 officer. Good luck to those that apply.
                              GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

• Los Angeles VA just opened up for 1 position. Is it true they are able to pull traffic and enforce laws off of the hospital grounds? Do they also still have an ESU (SWAT) team? There doesn't seem to be a lot of updated information on the internet.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4548 users online. 261 members and 4287 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X