• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grunt82abn
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by grunt82abn
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]8851[/ATTACH]

Are these really the badges VA is going to?
    I think they look pretty sweet!

BIA 0083 Police Officer
    WindRiver PD
    Tentative Offer:02/12/2013
    Medical: Completed
    E-Quip : Completed
    BI: Completed
    EOD: 07/30/2013

"We Must Not Simply Mourn The Men Who Died. Rather We Should Thank God That Such Men Lived." Gen George Patton

Comment

• mpig53
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2010

grunt82abn
      you going to Little Rock the 4th?

Comment

• blaze76
        FERS Enrollee
        • May 2011

Just got issued the new badge and creds. The creds are much better than the old ones. Smaller in size and a bunch of unnecessary wording was removed from the text. OSLE/LETC did a good job on this one for us.
        Good Enough For Government Work.

Comment

• grunt82abn
          Forum Member
          • Sep 2010

No I didn't take the job. They low balled me in pay. Oh Well I will try again!!!

BIA 0083 Police Officer
          WindRiver PD

"We Must Not Simply Mourn The Men Who Died. Rather We Should Thank God That Such Men Lived." Gen George Patton

Comment

• VA5O
            Forum Member
            • Jan 2012

Heading to the academy on the 4th...anyone else?

Comment

• GIOSTORMUSNRET
              Forum Member
              • Oct 2010

No I didn't take the job. They low balled me in pay. Oh Well I will try again!!!
              How did they lowball you?
              GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

• QuietPro
                Gimme Yo Acorns, Sucka!
                • Dec 2009

Brother, you DO know that with only few exceptions most VA's top their officers at GS-6, right?
                Just another squirrel, tryin' to get a nut......

Comment

• grunt82abn
                  Forum Member
                  • Sep 2010

I know they top out at GS-6, I figured they would do the same for me as they did for my buddy who works up in Milwaukee and make me a GS 6-00 and not a GS-6 step 1. I asked the chief of police before I started the whole process if they would match me and he said they would. Otherwise I would have never started the medical, back ground and the psych. We match pay all the time when guys come to Naval Station Great Lakes. We just matched a guy who was a GS-11 in California and he went all the way down to a GS-7. Oh well I guess I am stuck where I am, not biggie.

BIA 0083 Police Officer
                  WindRiver PD

Comment

• MPK9
                    Forum Member
                    • Aug 2010

Anyone no about the lake city FL facility ?,thanks.

Comment

• Old Flat Foot
                      Forum Member
                      • Mar 2010

Grunt, The VA just doesn't get it. The VA is losing the salary war on police compensation, just barely beating DOD police (Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines) to the bottom. I'm not sure if VACO (the VA Police HQ) even feels the pain; they, like VALETC (the VA Police Academy), are all "Special Agents" receiving significantly higher salaries. The top law enforcement people in the VA, who are surrounded by "Special Agents," are out of touch with Police Officers working in the VA's hospitals for significantly lower salaries. With the exception of a few good hospitals, the VA will rarely match the higher salary of any Police Officer from just about any other federal agency who would like to lateral to the VA. That's why the VA has the highest attrition rate for Police Officers of any Federal agency. You pay rock bottom salaries, you get sky high turnover.

(Former 3rd BN, 325th ABN INF Grunt)

Comment

• QuietPro
                        Gimme Yo Acorns, Sucka!
                        • Dec 2009

Old Flat Foot, all you ever do in your posts is complain about how much life sucks for police at the V.A.....Seriously, man. If you dislike it so much, why don't you just transfer to another agency, retire, or quit? I'm sure there are a ton of civilians who would like to take your slot just to get into Federal L.E.

Comment

• Old Flat Foot
                          Forum Member
                          • Mar 2010

I never thought that there were so many guys who could be so happy with their bargain basement VA salaries and pensions. Retire? Unless you can work to your 60s with 35 to 40 years of service, you'll be retiring into poverty. We have guys with National Guard and Reserve pensions that will be better than their anticipated VA pensions. To the VA, Police officers are a small step above Nutrition and Food Service, and Environmental Management Service. I only try to point out what is painfully obvious to great guys I work with in the VA, that the VA gets its Police Services for dirt cheap. Most of the police officers they hire leave after 3 to 4 years because it's a job with a lot of responsibilties, with very few rewards, and a bleak financial future. But the VA doesn't care because there's always a "ton of civilians who would like to take your slot just to get into Federal L.E.." We (you) deserve better.

Comment

• QuietPro
                            Gimme Yo Acorns, Sucka!
                            • Dec 2009

Bargain basement salaries? Dude, what the hell are you talking about? When you add O.T., Sunday Diff., Holiday Pay, and Night Diff., I do quite well thank you very much. Far better than almost every police agency within 75 miles of me, in fact. And I live in one of the most expensive cities in NC. That's not as expensive as NYC, but I'm still not buying your argument. As far as "deserve better", what does that mean? Every LEO I know "deserves better".........

And your above post just re-enforces what I said: Your non-stop complaining. So I repeat: TRANSFER or QUIT, considering that you're so bitter and complaining about the inability to retire. Your name should be changed to "Old Bitter Foot".

Comment

• GIOSTORMUSNRET
                              Forum Member
                              • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Old Flat Foot
                              I never thought that there were so many guys who could be so happy with their bargain basement VA salaries and pensions. Retire? Unless you can work to your 60s with 35 to 40 years of service, you'll be retiring into poverty. We have guys with National Guard and Reserve pensions that will be better than their anticipated VA pensions. To the VA, Police officers are a small step above Nutrition and Food Service, and Environmental Management Service. I only try to point out what is painfully obvious to great guys I work with in the VA, that the VA gets its Police Services for dirt cheap. Most of the police officers they hire leave after 3 to 4 years because it's a job with a lot of responsibilties, with very few rewards, and a bleak financial future. But the VA doesn't care because there's always a "ton of civilians who would like to take your slot just to get into Federal L.E.." We (you) deserve better.
                              Seriously, time for you to turn your badge and creds in. You're an embarrassment at this time. No one said you'd get rich being a VA Police officer, but we are not the only ones that don't get a fair shake as federal officers. But just like being in the military some do the job because it's an honor to take care of fellow vets. Your rants and raves are not the opinion of the majority of officers. As has been said, if you don't like the job turn in your badge and creds. As you pointed out, there are plenty of people that would stand up and take your spot if you left.
                              GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

• grunt82abn
                                Forum Member
                                • Sep 2010

Sorry I stirred the ss**** pot!!! Just seen the new badges and really liked them! Personally I wouldn't work for anyone else but the federal government!!! Just tired of working 144 hours a pay period and plus I want to be a cop again. The thing that bites me in the rear end is that I have to be picky for my family. I just want what I earned!!!

BIA 0083 Police Officer
                                WindRiver PD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 34676 users online. 30 members and 34646 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...