Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How’s everybody doing I had my interview this past Friday the 8th at the VA in the BX It went very well, what should I expect now?

Comment

• Tadivad
      Tadivad commented
      Editing a comment
      Nyc was open a couple of months ago but not to the public. It was open to current federal employees. North Port was open in the beginning of January.

• Bidstar
      Bidstar commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh alright thanks Tadivad that’s probably the reason why I didn’t saw it when it was posted.

• Ivannyc1
      Ivannyc1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I applied sometime around mid Oct.2020 it was open for 2 days if I recall.

• Bidstar
      Bidstar commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow I definitely missed on that hiring announcement it closed fast.

• Anyone know what the psych test consists of? And Will the VA trip on my VA disabilities? Lol.. got my medical, physical, etc coming soon

Comment

• Grape soda
      Grape soda commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s the typical psych test. You will answer some questions. And the psychiatrist will go over it with you. Don’t worry about your va rating. Some times the doctors in employee health can be nosy. Just tell them no if they try to access your records.

• Tadivad
      Tadivad commented
      Editing a comment
      Where I used to work they made it sound like you had to sign over consent to medical records and such.

• Thanks for the heads up

Comment

• I am now starting to make the uniformed sections of this blog aware of a resource for those who are looking at potential career broadening opportunities later on down the road (many uniformed officers switch to criminal investigations & make ideal 1811s due to their experience). The average starting age for 1811s usually hovers in the early 30s & for most, it is their second LEO job. Additionally, uniformed fed LEOs get to keep their retirement years, TSP contributions & often receive higher starting pay bands (the 5 year mark is perfect for making the switch). I hope this is useful to everyone on this forum:

The Special Agents Blog relates to all things "1811." It includes agency profiles, hiring advice, article links and videos pertaining to the Special Agent profession. My goal is for this website to be a great resources for current, past and future special agents. Content suggestions (ie articles, links, books) are ALWAYS welcome as providing a central repository is the intended goal.

www.specialagents.org OR Type "Special Agents Blog" into Google

I currently have agency profiles for HSI, DEA, FBI, ATF, Secret Service, DSS, IRS CI, USPIS, NCIS and now OSI.

I wish the best to my fellow law enforcement officers; be proud of your service.

Screen Shot 2021-01-08 at 10.13.28 AM.png

Comment

• Winter_Patriot
        Winter_Patriot commented
        Editing a comment
        Cannot say enough good things about the blog. It definitely set me on the right path. If not for that, I probably would have floundered and never gotten my first fed LE job. I had applied to probably 15 positions with no traction before that. A link to the blog should be stickied at the top of the forum really.

• I applied on 11/19/2020 got referred and still waiting.
      I'm assuming they're not looking or considering past experiences..
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZQeMv5PXhg HOOAH Brother!!!

Got the email @ 1800 Dec 16
      STAY STRONG!!!
      US ARMY

Comment

• So I had my physical/medical today and I forgot to bring my prescription glasses. I believe the requirement is 20/20. Will I have to submit a waiver or does anyone know what happens next?

Comment

• On avg it takes about 4-5 months from start to finish, I rec'd my tentative offer in Aug but after going through all the testing and pay negotiation, it was about Dec. Its a slow process but some VAs may go quicker than others, covid aside-it could be even longer as others have indicated. Good luck

Comment

• Andrewmp2020
            Andrewmp2020 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks.. I messaged you btw

• Ivannyc1
            Ivannyc1 commented
            Editing a comment
            How long did it take to hear from them after you had your first interview.

• Andrewmp2020
            Andrewmp2020 commented
            Editing a comment
            Like a week or 2

• Originally posted by Winter_Patriot View Post
          Cannot say enough good things about the blog. It definitely set me on the right path. If not for that, I probably would have floundered and never gotten my first fed LE job. I had applied to probably 15 positions with no traction before that. A link to the blog should be stickied at the top of the forum really.

Thank you sincerely for the vote of confidence and I am truly glad it helped you get your foot in the door! I have seen so many applicants (and even my own friends) make critical mistakes in the federal hiring process, consequently, I felt the need to make this site accessible, entertaining & informative. Thanks again!

-SA Blog

1811 Logo.png

Comment

• Do we get tased in LETC?

Comment

• my93rx7tt
              my93rx7tt commented
              Editing a comment
              No. No tasers in VA police. You don't get sprayed either.

• Andrewmp2020
              Andrewmp2020 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks.. which facility u work at?

• How long after the psych test did u guys receive a final offer?

Comment

• Got my psych test in a couple weeks. Should I be stressed out over it?

Comment

• valetudo39
                valetudo39 commented
                Editing a comment
                You are either crazy or you are not..Nothing you can do about that.

• Originally posted by Andrewmp2020 View Post
              Got my psych test in a couple weeks. Should I be stressed out over it?
              Don’t be.. have you taken one before?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3300 users online. 158 members and 3142 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X