Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get a waiver for letc if I completed UPTP at fletc already?

Comment

• DCFED
      DCFED commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought someone said you had to go to LETC in order to be certified for VA hospitals. Have to do it the VA way. Plus VA dont send their guys to FLETC cuz they know they would lose an ton of officers.

• orlandofed5-0
      orlandofed5-0 commented
      Editing a comment
      No, the VA doesn't waiver

• vdfnco
      vdfnco commented
      Editing a comment
      The question so many of us have asked in the past. Working for the VA police was the absolute worst job I've ever had.

• Do they get sprayed at LETC?

Comment

• orlandofed5-0
      orlandofed5-0 commented
      Editing a comment
      When I went through, they did not get sprayed

• DCFED
      DCFED commented
      Editing a comment
      Orlando how is it like working for the VA?

• orlandofed5-0
      orlandofed5-0 commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't worked for the VA in 20 years. The facility I was at was pretty good and had a good chief.. some facilities just suck

• DCFED
      DCFED commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh wow and I can believe it.

• Hello fellow brothers and sisters
    I recently applied for the VA Police in Chicago. I applied on 11-16-2020 and the application period closed on 11-19-2020.
    I just received an email stating I am tentatively qualified for the GS 0083.

I just wanted to get an idea if anyone is still in the process or if anyone has any information on the VA Hospital in Chicago.

Also, what kind of timeline would someone be looking at (considering the holidays, I would imagine everything is delayed)

Thank you advance

Comment

• Just a heads up but LETC is shutdown
      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• Tadivad
        Tadivad commented
        Editing a comment
        You think it will be the full 3 month academy when it opens?

• orlandofed5-0
        orlandofed5-0 commented
        Editing a comment
        No clue. Just saw that they were shutting down LETC

• Clikboom
        Clikboom commented
        Editing a comment
        Do you have anymore information on this or where to look? Im going through the hiring process now. Thanks
        Last edited by Clikboom; 12-08-2020, 04:04 PM.

• orlandofed5-0
        orlandofed5-0 commented
        Editing a comment
        I saw an email posted on a VA Police forum.

• I got selected for Corpus Christi. I currently work for DOD police in San Diego but really want to get out of Cali. So I'm 50/50 right now..

Comment

• DCFED
        DCFED commented
        Editing a comment
        Get the hell away from DOD and go to Texas.

• Whats the current climate w/ VA police any update on “off duty carry” and any new policy changes in general? I read through previous forums there was going to be some changes done within the VA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrewmp2020 View Post
        Can I get a waiver for letc if I completed UPTP at fletc already?
        Hahahahahahahaha...nope. LETC doesn't want to lose the $13,000 they get from your facility for attending their high speed academy.
        Last edited by valetudo39; 12-10-2020, 04:06 PM.
        Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dallasg15 View Post
          Whats the current climate w/ VA police any update on “off duty carry” and any new policy changes in general? I read through previous forums there was going to be some changes done within the VA.
          As long as we have the current people in charge changes will never happen.
          Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrewmp2020 View Post
            Do they get sprayed at LETC?
            Nope...

Comment

• DCFED
              DCFED commented
              Editing a comment
              Are you serious I mean not complaining but geez no spray.

• ZeroMood
              ZeroMood commented
              Editing a comment
              DCFED Honestly! I read the title and audibly said, "Of course they do." Wrong lmao.

• I was referred for the GS-7 instructor position in Big Springs, TX today.
            US Army Veteran
            The opinions expressed above are not those of any official capacity or agency. Fix yourself.

Comment

• Hey bros,

I got the email stating I am tentatively qualified for the VA police in 3 locations (NY area), emails received about 2 weeks ago.
              ​​Still waiting.
              What's going on??
              Best of luck to all of you
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZQeMv5PXhg HOOAH Brother!!!

Got the email @ 1800 Dec 16
              STAY STRONG!!!
              US ARMY

Comment

• darkhorse6
                darkhorse6 commented
                Editing a comment
                I was referred for a location as well. You’re most likely not gonna hear anything until after the first. Most federal employees especially in admin roles take off the time between Christmas and New Year’s.
                Last edited by darkhorse6; 12-29-2020, 01:40 PM.

• BradHP
                BradHP commented
                Editing a comment
                What he said. My HR has been nearly impossible to contact the whole year since COVID hit. Sure as hell won't find them working during the holiday weeks.

• Tadivad
                Tadivad commented
                Editing a comment
                Which 3 locations in NY?

• How long is the academy? Do they have a curfew? Can you live off site if you want? How often is pt? What are the entry and graduation standards? Do you take a Taser hit? How many weeks do they rotate shifts? What rank does shift rotation become an option? Why do so many prefer VA to DOD police. Just curious and thank you.

Comment

• Tadivad
                Tadivad commented
                Editing a comment
                I would also like to know. I’ve read every page of this forum and there is very little information about the actual academy and the daily going ons and what not.

• ZeroMood
                ZeroMood commented
                Editing a comment
                Wish I could elaborate on this. DAF is 10 weeks at the VA-LETC. Someone said there was no spray, so i'd assume no taser as well? I could be 110% incorrect lol.

• Originally posted by kip42 View Post
              How long is the academy? Do they have a curfew? Can you live off site if you want? How often is pt? What are the entry and graduation standards? Do you take a Taser hit? How many weeks do they rotate shifts? What rank does shift rotation become an option? Why do so many prefer VA to DOD police. Just curious and thank you.
              Last time I heard the academy was 10 weeks long. No curfew that I know of and no you can't live off site unless it's your hotel and the dorm facilities are full. PT was 3 times a week. No tasers in the VA (hell all sites weren't armed until 2002).

Rotations depend on the facility, each one runs as it's own little department. It's a requirement that all officers rotate.
              I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• Tadivad
                Tadivad commented
                Editing a comment
                With regards to the academy do they have us running around all day like we are in the military? How many people bunk in a room? CN we come and go from the letc site when there is no training or class? I’m picturing scenes from the movie Police Academy.

• For all prospective employees, if hired in order to go to letc you will need to show proof of you getting the vaccination for covid. Just passed down...

Comment

• Tadivad
                Tadivad commented
                Editing a comment
                I just got my first dose.

• ZeroMood
                ZeroMood commented
                Editing a comment
                I didn't want the vacc, but I will get it for sure for an LE position.

• Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post

Last time I heard the academy was 10 weeks long. No curfew that I know of and no you can't live off site unless it's your hotel and the dorm facilities are full. PT was 3 times a week. No tasers in the VA (hell all sites weren't armed until 2002).

Rotations depend on the facility, each one runs as it's own little department. It's a requirement that all officers rotate.
              It’s 8 weeks now due to Covid!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3861 users online. 225 members and 3636 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X