Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have my start date of 05/04, has anyone done the direct hire process before?

Comment

• Supermanstan911
      Supermanstan911 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm on a Direct Hire myself. I originally had a start date of 13 April and was supposed to leave for LETC at the end of the month but with everything that has been going on, I didn't start. HR rep said my Recruitment Incentive wasn't signed off by the Director yet but I should be coming onboard soon. They are bringing us onboard in intervals instead of waiting until a new pay period starts. (COVID-19}

• crap shoot
      crap shoot commented
      Editing a comment
      Let us know how the day is. I heard they might be doing a combination of virtual orientation and ops meeting etc.

• Anyone starting in FL ? and same kinda here as far as EOD, got the final offer letter then the Virus. So date was pushed, then needed to re-due some things because time lapse, now back to getting a new letter for starting in the very near future again.

Last edited by crap shoot; 04-23-2020, 07:00 AM.

Comment

• Supermanstan911
      Editing a comment
      crap shoot,
      I'm heading to the VA in Washington, D.C. I'm in contact with my HR on a regular so hopefully I'll be going in soon since I've already stopped working at my previous job. I had one a Captain at my site called yesterday morning for my uniform shirt size and pant size/length. Good luck for all of us hopefully...

• Are you a current LEO there in DC? And have you been to the VA location you'll be at ?

Comment

• Supermanstan911
      Editing a comment
      I did have the opportunity to see what the Pentagon Police had to offer and even Bolling AFB Police (DoD) but in the end I declined. Pentagon Police actually make some decent money but I ended up dropping from the process before my Final Offer.

• tigers2007
      tigers2007 commented
      Editing a comment
      Don't forget about the USMS Court Security Officer positions. The job appears to cater to retired Feds but their requirements are must have had arrest authority for like 2 out of the last five years (IIRC)? I did some scouring and they get paid VERY WELL. Search the forums here for a more thorough description. Its a private security job but all of the CSO's are sworn Special Deputy US Marshals, all have the same uniform and everything except your underwear is paid for. It appears to be a lot more low-key than a classic uniformed flatfoot job.

• crap shoot
      crap shoot commented
      Editing a comment
      That's good you were able to talk to some people there. When you supposed to start ?

• Supermanstan911
      Editing a comment
      I will be starting on Monday, May 11th as of right now,

• Anyone know what the grooming standards are? I saw a petition online about relaxing it to include beards

Comment

• my93rx7tt
      my93rx7tt commented
      Editing a comment
      No beards.

• Any updates on when the training facility will open again?

Comment

• Our guys are going back in May to finish up the academy .
      Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

• crap shoot
        crap shoot commented
        Editing a comment
        How many weeks left do they have ? wonder how many school dates were pushed.

• 6 weeks left. COVID-19 stopped the academy until May. No idea when the next one starts. We have 9 guys this class then 1 more to start after this group
      Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

• Anyone here take the psych test yet, then had an interview over the phone with the psychologist, and then told to call in for your results days later? Just to be clear, when I had taken my psych test, my psychologist assigned to me was suppose to have an in person interview with me the same day but had to cancel due to her busy schedule. I just had my phone interview today with her and was under the impression I would be told yes I passed or no... instead she told me to call back the hospital in 3 days in order to get my results. I find that strange, kinda nervous thats not a good sign. Anyone else have this issue? (I'm applying to a the VA in IL)

Comment

• crap shoot
          crap shoot commented
          Editing a comment
          The experience I've had twice, the doc stated a few days typically to go over the test and compile the report for HR. HR will notify you, might be different there.

• Originally posted by laboy14 View Post
        Anyone here take the psych test yet, then had an interview over the phone with the psychologist, and then told to call in for your results days later? Just to be clear, when I had taken my psych test, my psychologist assigned to me was suppose to have an in person interview with me the same day but had to cancel due to her busy schedule. I just had my phone interview today with her and was under the impression I would be told yes I passed or no... instead she told me to call back the hospital in 3 days in order to get my results. I find that strange, kinda nervous thats not a good sign. Anyone else have this issue? (I'm applying to a the VA in IL)
        I took mine a couple weeks ago at a VA in IL. Had done interview the same day as the written test. Usually they call you back and tell you if you’ve passed or not. I wouldn’t worry too much, you should be good to go.

Comment

• Alright good news! I’ve passed the psych now I have the treadmill test in a couple days. What does this really involve? The women emphasized that I really need to do well on this because of the position I’m applying for, she made it sound like it was going to be tough. From what I understand it’s a simple stress test on the heart to see how it responds. I asked if I’d be running she started to chuckle and said no, just do the best I can. I’m sure I’ll do just fine but I’m not super fit either so I’m kinda nervous. Anybody have any insight?

Comment

Alright good news! I’ve passed the psych now I have the treadmill test in a couple days. What does this really involve? The women emphasized that I really need to do well on this because of the position I’m applying for, she made it sound like it was going to be tough. From what I understand it’s a simple stress test on the heart to see how it responds. I asked if I’d be running she started to chuckle and said no, just do the best I can. I’m sure I’ll do just fine but I’m not super fit either so I’m kinda nervous. Anybody have any insight?
            It's a stress test. It basically reviews your heart rate as you would walk at various places, up steps etc..
            I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Alright good news! I’ve passed the psych now I have the treadmill test in a couple days. What does this really involve? The women emphasized that I really need to do well on this because of the position I’m applying for, she made it sound like it was going to be tough. From what I understand it’s a simple stress test on the heart to see how it responds. I asked if I’d be running she started to chuckle and said no, just do the best I can. I’m sure I’ll do just fine but I’m not super fit either so I’m kinda nervous. Anybody have any insight?
              I had mine done recently, I wouldn’t sweat it much if you’ve ever had done a stress test before, you’ll pass.

Comment

• You guys were right, the stress test was easy. I completed that now I just have to do my audio and eye test. That’s for next week and I’ll be done.

Comment

• Stupid question. This job counts towards federal service? As in an 1811 gig down the road? Looks like the hiring process is quick in some of the post. Is this still the case even with covid going on?

Comment

• nonotnow
                    nonotnow commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks for that info. So its really not worth it for me to get an officer job that is not covered under 6c? I'm in the process with cbp and obviously id rather than that VA but their process is very slow moving and it looks like 2021 is when I'd get on with them. I wasnt sure if it would be worth it for me to try and get on at the end of the year for a bit.

• tigers2007
                    tigers2007 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    CBP will not care who you work for. Are you an existing Federal employee? If not I think it would be wise to at least get your clock started somewhere in the system; you need 3-years in the competitive service to hit tenure. The VA Police will at least get you in and at least your resume can ethically note that you "conducted investigations" as CBP Officers specifically do not have that verbiage in their position description or on their creds (I'm not sure what your overall career goals are).

• nonotnow
                    nonotnow commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm not a federal employee but active duty and prior LE experience. I'd be doing this just to start my federal time, if it counted towards that? Sounds like it will then. But my ultimate goal is usms, or possibly dea if they give me a location I want.

• Sheridan1
                    Sheridan1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's interesting that the CIA SPS is a 6C position. Wonder why that one is and literally none of the other intelligence agencies are.

• Does anybody on here know if you can work as a VA Police Officer being a 100 percent Disabled by the VA, but still employable? Or does being disabled veteran disqualify you from the position or can the VA assume you are no longer injured and try to reduce your disability? Although the **** hurts, I can still PT.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3829 users online. 203 members and 3626 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X