Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What could disqualify someone for the VA police? I completed my psych, medical, signed my rules of behavior, and all that... are there any major disqualification points?... I’m a 0083 now and they told me I had issues with my vision close up (far sighted). I qualified shooting from my current agency and such,

Comment

• Unfortunately, this may be the end of the road for me in this process. :/ I was just informed (via email) that I failed the Psych and my conditional offer was withdrawn. This is a very big disappointment for me as Law Enforcement is my dream career, and I spent hours of time, hard work, and money to go through this process. I even thought I had a good relationship with everyone there. I reached out to HR and requested to either challenge the decision, retest, or have the Chief possibly waive the results and have them reconsidered. I doubt they will do any of those, but it's worth a shot. Thank you to anyone who has responded to me or helped me with info/insights along the way.

Comment

• my93rx7tt
        my93rx7tt commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't beat yourself up. I have seen multiple 20+ year retired leos fail the psych at the VA. 5 of the last 8 didn't make it past psych in hiring process. In my short time at the VAPD, I have never seen anyone hired after not passing psych.

• orlandofed5-0
        orlandofed5-0 commented
        Editing a comment
        The chief can't waive the results for medical or psychological evaluations. Nor can they use any outside results unless the Dr is under contract to the Federal employee health service.

• Tjwright95
        Tjwright95 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh ok, I hope I can get a second opinion, because HR said that the psychologist is contracted.

• I try not to, but with completing every step, and even starting backgrounds, things seemed to be pretty certain that I had the job. I know not passing this agencie's psych doesn't mean that I'll never become a Law Enforcement Officer, but this kinda felt like a slap in the face...Just gotta keep moving forward.

Question: Do Law Enforcement agencies have access to others' psychological exams?

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
        scotty_appleton814 commented
        Editing a comment
        Depends. Some do, some dont

• orlandofed5-0
        orlandofed5-0 commented
        Editing a comment
        The VA will not access another agency other than federal records.

• Oh ok. Since I took this Psychological Exam within the VA, if I apply to another VA or Federal Law Enforcement agency, they will have access to it, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tjwright95 View Post
        Oh ok. Since I took this Psychological Exam within the VA, if I apply to another VA or Federal Law Enforcement agency, they will have access to it, right?
        They may possibly (but unlikely) have access to it. However, all other agencies that do psych evals will do their own on you to my knowledge.

Last edited by waffledog47; 10-28-2019, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Oh ok. Since I took this Psychological Exam within the VA, if I apply to another VA or Federal Law Enforcement agency, they will have access to it, right?
          Yes. The VA and other federal agencies can access your civilian employee medical records.
          I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• Originally posted by waffledog47 View Post

They may possibly (but unlikely) have access to it. However, all other agencies that do psych evals will do their own on you to my knowledge.
            Ok thank you waffledog and orlandofed! Only reason I ask is because I've heard of agencies (typically local/municipal) that will DQ you because other agencies DQed you.

Comment

• Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post

Yes. The VA and other federal agencies can access your civilian employee medical records.

Ok thank you waffledog and orlandofed! Only reason I ask is because I've heard of agencies (typically local/municipal) that will DQ you because other agencies DQed you.

Comment

Failing a psych is not a deal breaker at the state or local level. I've known guys that fail a psych with one agency and pass at another. As far as the VA goes you can still apply at another VA within the state of California. Long Beach uses one location for their psych tests while Loma Linda uses another location. Apply at West LA or any other location in California.
                Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

Seattle PD DQ'd e because another nearby agency DQ'd me. So it does happen sometimes.

Comment

• Welp after finishing the whole process and told I am just waiting for my start date, 3 weeks go by and I do a follow up call and ask the status. hr says my offer has been rescinded because of my background. What a joke I've been working for DHS for 3 years I called a different hr rep and told her I haven't even submitted a background check yet. She says they did through fingerprints SMH

Comment

• Originally posted by Pitbull4332 View Post
                      Welp after finishing the whole process and told I am just waiting for my start date, 3 weeks go by and I do a follow up call and ask the status. hr says my offer has been rescinded because of my background. What a joke I've been working for DHS for 3 years I called a different hr rep and told her I haven't even submitted a background check yet. She says they did through fingerprints SMH
                      Wow, sorry about that Pitbull...keep your head up!! Good luck with future Departments!

Comment

• What do you do for DHS? Clearances are different if say you're a TSA agent and not a police officer.
                        I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• Luis Ruiz
                          Luis Ruiz commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I was a police officer for 12 years. Moved and went to TSA. In Tsa we have a secret clearance. When i applies for the VA police they told me my clearance was higher than what i needed so all i did was get finger printed.

2 months after i was hired i was already told my background came back good. And as soon as i graduate the academy my Creds will be ready. So i guess everyone is different.

• Anyone else waiting to hear back from HR?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12422 users online. 412 members and 12010 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X