300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• update

I received my offer / commitment letter last week. I start Monday September 30th. I started the process may 21st. That’s a 4 month turn around. If this helps anyone I originally didn’t apply through USA jobs. I went to a job fair at my local VA. Was interviewed on the spot and selected to continue with the process a week later. I had all the steps done by the End of June. Then just pretty much had to wait for the commitment letter.

Comment

• Pitbull4332
      Pitbull4332 commented
      Editing a comment
      Are you going to LETC after Christmas

• Good luck.

Comment

• Pitbull4332 From what i was told yeah. We go to LETC after Christmas

Comment

• VAPD Long Beach, CA Update

07/02/2019 Application/Questionnaire submitted on USAJobs.gov

07/19/2019 Announcement Closed

08/20/2019 Notice of Results Received: Tentatively Eligible for GS-6 (Email)

08/21/2019 Application Referred to hiring manager for package review (not guaranteed an interview) (Email)

09/06/2019 Notified of Selection for Panel Interview (Phone Call)

09/14/2019 (Panel Interview-Passed/Fingerprints Submitted/S85P Submitted/Chief's Interview)

09/16/2019 Notified of Conditional Offer (Phone Call)

09/21/2019 Psychological Exam/Medical Exam-EKG

09/26/2019 Drug Test/Blood work

09/30/2019 Stress Test (Was not taken on 09/21/19)

10/03/2019 Psychological Interview
        Last edited by Tjwright95; 10-09-2019, 08:11 PM.

Comment

• Passed psych and physical yesterday, now just waiting for hr to give my start date. Anyone else going to LETC after Christmas

Comment

• Had my psych interview last Thursday. Everything else has already been completed. I am hoping to hear back positive news sometime soon. The week mark is tomorrow. Is waiting a week just for the psychological results typical??

Comment

• VAPD Long Beach, CA Update

07/02/2019 Application/Questionnaire submitted on USAJobs.gov

07/19/2019 Announcement Closed

08/20/2019 Notice of Results Received: Tentatively Eligible for GS-6 (Email)

08/21/2019 Application Referred to hiring manager for package review (not guaranteed an interview) (Email)

09/06/2019 Notified of Selection for Panel Interview (Phone Call)

09/14/2019 (Panel Interview-Passed/Fingerprints Submitted/S85P Submitted/Chief's Interview)

09/16/2019 Notified of Conditional Offer (Phone Call)

09/21/2019 Psychological Exam/Medical Exam-EKG

09/26/2019 Drug Test/Blood work

09/30/2019 Stress Test (Was not taken on 09/21/19)

10/03/2019 Psychological Interview (Awaiting Results)

10/11/2019 E-Qip Received and Submitted for Background Investigation Commencement
              (Most Information was retained from a previous E-Qip submitted from another agency within 2 years. That definitely helps save alot of time of filling out the packet.)

Comment

• Nice you guys are getting on quick I had an interview back in May and still not heard anything. I also went on and talked to the chief to get a direct hire two months ago. I went back and talked with him and he told me that it's all in HR hands now.

My neighbors with one of the officers at the local VA he said he also talked with the chief who told him the same thing that they are waiting on HR. Kind of sucks because these officers are working 30+ hours of OT every week because they are so short handed.

Should been easy for them to hire me on I was a GL-9 with the national Park service.

Comment

• Why would you want to go to vapd from nps. People can't run away quick enough from the VA. I have never seen so many people leave from a job before. If you need a job, sure, take it if you don't mind going to a 10 weeks of training that doesn't transfer to other fed agencies but if you have other options, I recommend you go there.

It's like base police/security. More Security than anything else.

Comment

• Don't think park service is the great not when you told that you don't rate to be there because you were in the military not a college and how that the 10 points you get for your purple heart was not earned.

I was treated as a charity case not really wanted but set up to fail! I went to LMPT early 2010 when I was with the BIA had gone though an FTO program. So 7 to 8 years later I was tossed in an FTO program with NPD and expedited to act like the guys who just got out of the academy and not updated on how the thing was changed! I did my time on a $hit hole called Standing Rock!

I saw more crime and did more arrest than any NPS officer! I average almost 300+ arrests a year there! I worked 16+ hours a day doing reports going to court as they scheduled you for the afternoon because we can't have day shift missing calls but we can have night shift missing sleep! As you imagine I got sick of that! During my year there Is I never used anything but hand control never used my taser, OC or baton!

NPS wanted me to treat grandma and grandpa like I would some person I hooked up 10 times! I know to protect yourself but my experience being in a place with WAY much more crime was not accounted for! I should do things the way that I was taught at FLETC! Not use the experience of how to talk to people and keep people from not liking you! No use FLETC way it's the best way to get into a fight!

Last edited by tayous1; 10-17-2019, 11:07 PM. Reason: To add more sorry had to get to work!

Comment

• my93rx7tt
                      my93rx7tt commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Perfect. Now forget everything you learned at FLETC and enjoy the circus at LETC. Arrests? What is that? AUSA won't prosecute really anything in most locations. I have seen maybe 10 arrests in over 2.5 years while I was at VA.

At the same time, its the easiest job I have ever had. Stand around and talk with veterans all day.
                      Last edited by my93rx7tt; 10-18-2019, 06:22 PM.

• Got an email from SIC today after corrections needed to be made on my E-Qip. My background investigation should be starting soon. Now I'm just waiting on Occupational Health to send everything to HR, including my psychological results, and HR will let us know if we're moving forward or not. I just learned to throw the thoughts in the back of my head til they get back to me.

Comment

• Just completed my psych interview and have my medical/fingerprints this week. Got an email requesting I initial and sign the “Rules of Behavior”. Anyone get this packet before they completed everything?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fallstrip45 View Post
                        Just completed my psych interview and have my medical/fingerprints this week. Got an email requesting I initial and sign the “Rules of Behavior”. Anyone get this packet before they completed everything?
                        I also received that packet and was told to read it over. I received the packet in a different order though. They gave it to us as we were scheduling the labs for testing, such as bloodwork and Drug Test.

Comment

• I received, and turned in mine last week. Said had to sign and initial before creds could be issued and to start new employee orientation. have not heard back yet since I sent it back over. No word on when I start background. But seems like were almost there fellas.

Comment

• There are openings near me for both Air Force Police and Veterans Affairs Police. Would once be preferable over the other?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3355 users online. 179 members and 3176 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X