300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this thread and currently an applicant for VA PD Long Beach, CA. Earlier this month (August 2019) the job posting closed and recently, this week (August 2019), I was emailed that I was eligible for GS 6 for Police Officer and will be referred to the hiring manager. I am not a veteran, but I have quite a bit of diverse civilian experience, including Security (current), Sheriff Explorers, military school, and college just to name some of it. There are some questions that I have to which anyone who can answer them or help answer them are greatly appreciated. Thank You in advance!

*NOTE* I did call the location and spoke with the CPT to request a ride along/tour, and he liked that. However, he said it is better to request a tour once an interview takes place.

My questions are:
    1. What is the actual hiring process like? (Average time from start to finish/EOD)
    2. Am I in a good position as a civilian (Non-Veteran)?
    3. Are there any insights as to working as a VA Police Officer that anyone can offer?
    4. Are there Physical Fitness Standards/Medical Standards available anywhere online?

Feel free to PM me or answer on this post.

Comment

• So this may sound like a dumb question so please excuse my lack of knowledge here. So I currently work as a security officer but I'm really interested in becoming a Police Officer with my local VA. I spent 4 years in the Marine Corps but not as Military Police. So what exactly will I need in order to become qualified to even apply for this job?

Comment

• Stop using “so”, that’s the first step...
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

• Thanks for the not so helpful advice

Comment

• Mhuck
            Mhuck commented
            Editing a comment
            Google the qualification and measure it with your resume and see how it looks.
            Last edited by Mhuck; 09-03-2019, 05:45 PM.

• Thank you. The only thing I dont have is the one year of Arrest Authority. Any ideas on how to get that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shenanigans1332 View Post
            Thank you. The only thing I dont have is the one year of Arrest Authority. Any ideas on how to get that?
            Getting a job as a police officer.....
            I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• Can anyone shed some light on the VA in baltimore. Pros/Cons. Psych exam scheduled this week process is moving rather fast
              Last edited by Pitbull4332; 09-11-2019, 05:32 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4674 users online. 187 members and 4487 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X