Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ha....ha. Simple yes or no would of been Substantial. Some agencies don’t care. The one I work for don’t care. Nobody ask about neck tattoos. I ask was beard or goatees allowed.

Comment

• In my opinion, a beard on an officer is unprofessional, but that's just me.
      Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
      USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
      "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
      Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• I believe officer with sleeves are unprofessional. But I live in NYC and most of all nypd have sleeves.

Comment

• Current VA physical standards
          Attached Files
          I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• orlandofed5-0
            orlandofed5-0 commented
            Editing a comment
            I believe you need a minimum of 3 in each area

• coolworld973000
            coolworld973000 commented
            Editing a comment
            I should be heading there soon, just waiting for my exact start date.

• coolworld973000
            coolworld973000 commented
            Editing a comment
            Are the sit ups done with the hands behind the head or across the chest?

• CBPO-DFW
            CBPO-DFW commented
            Editing a comment
            Ya guys got dates for VA LETC yet?

• Hey everyone, long time follower of the thread, just thought I’d try to spark some life. Currently in the process in the San Francisco Bay Area. AD Air Force Security Forces (on terminal leave). My dates goes:

10 Feb 2019, applied on USAjobs
          19 March 2019, in person interview
          27 March 2019, notified and selected to advance onto next steps
          9 April 2019, Psychological test
          18 April 2019, SF85P submitted, fingerprints done
          1 May 2019, pre employment physical, blood work, urinalysis, EKG, Audiology test
          14 May 2019, Passed Medical
          15 May 2019, Accepted Official Job Offer, First report date is 24 June 2019, they won’t let me start prior to my ETS which is 15 June 2019.

24 June 2019, EOD
          22 July 2019, Academy starts
          Last edited by ian.gavin; 07-01-2019, 08:32 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

• Grape soda
            Grape soda commented
            Editing a comment
            Did you speak with a OPM investigator yet ?

• ian.gavin
            ian.gavin commented
            Editing a comment
            They said it’ll probably take around 6 months - 1 year until my MBI is done, I’m guessing I won’t have an interview until I’m done with the academy knowing how backlogged OPM is. The Chief or his designee, does a initial NCIC/CLETS and reference check.

• CBPO-DFW
            CBPO-DFW commented
            Editing a comment
            When r u heading out for training academy?

• ian.gavin
            ian.gavin commented
            Editing a comment
            22 July 2019
            Last edited by ian.gavin; 07-01-2019, 08:32 PM. Reason: Update

• CB54FB65-1B6B-4037-949A-D4C993F69C9C.jpeg

Comment

• orlandofed5-0
            orlandofed5-0 commented
            Editing a comment
            Usajobs.com?? Interview and exam location

• Any one from Augusta GA here? I would like to ask a few questions if possible.

Comment

• Starting October yearly physical tests....so fat bodies be aware. Also in October we have to take issued firearms home. Not sure what the policy will be on that issue.
            Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

• Still trying to figure why PT test annually. What other federal leo job has annual PT test. And what happens when people fail?

Comment

• Originally posted by my93rx7tt View Post
                Still trying to figure why PT test annually. What other federal leo job has annual PT test. And what happens when people fail?
                Because we have too many out of shape people....fat bodies.
                Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

• Lol. There are a lot of them. There are plenty that struggle with stairs.

Comment

• Did anyone on here transfer to the VA from the BOP? If so did they accept your BOP background clearance or were you contacted by an investigator for a new background check?

Comment

• Co0311
                      Co0311 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      99% sure that the only thing that will transfer is the information you already put in the SF-86. But the BOP clearance is a Public Trust and I imagine the VA one is a Secret or above.

I talked to one guy who had a TS transfer directly from one 1811 position to the next. But even a DOD TS or above sometimes won't transfer to 1811, 0132, or other spots.

• orlandofed5-0
                      orlandofed5-0 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      VA background is public trust and they'll assign you a new background investigation

• Anybody here work for the VA in Baltimore? I got the referral June 6th and waiting for the next step. Any information on the process and Baltimore morale?

Comment

• fedmunds2
                      fedmunds2 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I also received the referral letter from the VA in Baltimore just waiting for the next steps

• Bleedz_blue49169
                      Bleedz_blue49169 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'll keep you posted if I get anything.

• How is the morale at the Michael E DeBakey VA Medical Center in Houston, Texas?? Can someone give me insight on this facility??? Day to Day operations.

Comment

• Hello,

I'm waiting on a start date from HR at Miami VA. Applied in March. Interviewed, Selected, Medical, Prints, all in April. Documents SF-85P, SF-50, Eqip, done in May. Also in May, a new HR rep was assigned to me, then another in June, now finally I have some progress. SIC cleared me in early July. I was notified last week that OPM was starting my background, HR stated they were doing reference checks and wanted to get me in by August, that was last week. Is this timeline normal? This is taking longer than when I was hired by USBP (5 months), and BOP(2 months). Enough venting, lol. I do have some questions if anyone could help me I'd greatly appreciate it.

1- I read somewhere that PT was going to be yearly, and firearms were going to be taken home is any of this factual?
                      2- I was told that prior to starting the academy I would be at the local VA doing pre-academy stuff i.e. DT's, PT, Range, is this true or will it be more admin/desk duty things? Also, is pre-academy M-F, or Shifts?
                      3- Anyone from Miami VA with any input on morale and promotions, they just advertised an Asst. Chief, and 3 Sgt. positions, so I wanted to know if this was normal.
                      4- Lastly, I wanted to know if my break in service (4 years) would preclude me from having my pay matched?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comment

• Luis Ruiz
                        Luis Ruiz commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I also have had 2 different people from Hr in charge of my stuff. I finished all the steps on June 24th. Medical. Physiological. Back ground. Was told by Hr they were starting my new hire paperwork and would possibly start in aug depending on the results.

Still haven’t heard anything. I know for a fact passed medical and back ground. Since i already have a secret clearance and work for dept of homeland security.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3127 users online. 144 members and 2983 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X