Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know AMTRAK also accepts it as does most of the fed 0083 positions (excluding VAP), some cities may accept it with a local police add-on. Though Ive known some VAP'ers who make 70-100k w/ OT, sat and sun weekend and night diff and special pay. Not a bad gig if you know what it is and isnt-

Comment

• Quick question. Former Infantry Officer (IBOLC) no 4 year degree (OCS with credits) current EMT cert.

Would I qualify for a GS-5 position with the VAPD?

Comment

• raptor170
        raptor170 commented
        Editing a comment
        Get you some time as a road dog first. That will open some doors for you, even better than VA police.

• Jayou
        Jayou commented
        Editing a comment
        Good info. thanks for the knowledge

• Originally posted by Jayou View Post
      Quick question. Former Infantry Officer (IBOLC) no 4 year degree (OCS with credits) current EMT cert.

Would I qualify for a GS-5 position with the VAPD?
      No
      I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post

No
        Sick. Thanks

Comment

• What is their entry level requirements? Most of DOD requires veteran status, I am not sure of the VA, but we start entry level as a GS-6.
          Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
          USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
          "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
          Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• Originally posted by J2H View Post
            What is their entry level requirements? Most of DOD requires veteran status, I am not sure of the VA, but we start entry level as a GS-6.
            Most VA require a GS-06 for entry level. Some are veteran/internal announcements but all require prior arrest authority.

Comment

• My question...is locality pay added on top of the GS-6 salary? I’m thinking of applying to an open position here in Virginia but regular GS-6 pay is way below my current salary...

Comment

• Originally posted by raptor170 View Post
                My question...is locality pay added on top of the GS-6 salary? I’m thinking of applying to an open position here in Virginia but regular GS-6 pay is way below my current salary...
                It depends. Some VAMC'S are under special salary rate and others get locality added in
                Last edited by orlandofed5-0; 03-10-2019, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• Hello all. I just wanted to know a few things. I keep getting mixed info. I’m current a Federl correctional officer and we under the LEO retirement. I was told VA Police isn’t under the LEO retirement and are require to do 30 years oppose to the 20 years we require to do. I also heard that VA police can’t carry or buy guns off their creds. I’m also a 7-3 would they match my salary even if they start me at a 6? Thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Newbie17 View Post
                    Hello all. I just wanted to know a few things. I keep getting mixed info. I’m current a Federl correctional officer and we under the LEO retirement. I was told VA Police isn’t under the LEO retirement and are require to do 30 years oppose to the 20 years we require to do. I also heard that VA police can’t carry or buy guns off their creds. I’m also a 7-3 would they match my salary even if they start me at a 6? Thank you.
                    VA don't have LEO retirement just regular federal retirement. VA police can both buy and carry firearms off their creds. Start pay is up to the facility you choose to work at.
                    Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

• Newbie17
                      Newbie17 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you. What’s the hiring process like? I have my interview next week. What’s the training like?

• coolworld973000
                      coolworld973000 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      What does the actual academy consist of? PT? Requirements? Class time? and what's the law test?

• The hiring process is as fast HR moves but an easy process. If you went to a real police academy then the VA academy will be painfull. Nothing like listening to so-called special agents wearing sleeves vests tell war stories when they don't have any real law enforcement experience other than what they did in the military.
                    Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

• Newbie17
                      Newbie17 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank you.

• Deleted by user.
                    Last edited by Im_Baaack; 03-07-2019, 01:25 PM.

Comment

• Anyone here is a 0083 police at Dallas VA medical facility? I got a few questions regarding hiring process, once the applicant is conditionally offered by the HR, any OT, shift work 8 for 5 days or 10 for 4 days & etc... PT test prior to LETC or pass PT while you are at LETC? Management feedback? Law enforcement reputation within Dallas area? LEOSA issues & concerns over there? badge/creds issues & concerns? Lastly, promotional chances of being there internally, do they promote within more or like to get ppl from outside for internal transfer?

Comment

• Hey I got the job from VA police basically once I clear my Medical and stuff. I wanted to know does VA police provide uniforms and equipment or do they give you a uniform allowance to buy the stuff you need. I also wanted to know what vendor do the VA police use for their supplies and if you have to cut you beard if you have one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Newbie17 View Post
                          Hey I got the job from VA police basically once I clear my Medical and stuff. I wanted to know does VA police provide uniforms and equipment or do they give you a uniform allowance to buy the stuff you need. I also wanted to know what vendor do the VA police use for their supplies and if you have to cut you beard if you have one.
                          They give you $800 for you to buy your uniforms.....the rest of your equipment is issued. They use Galls. A beard? .......do you want neck tattoos while you are at it.

Comment

• CBPO-DFW
                            CBPO-DFW commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Are u allow to carry additional stuff on your duty belt or only must be approved items?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3441 users online. 191 members and 3250 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X