300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dave18873 View Post
    Is it still 10weeks long? ive seen some job postings say 8 others say 10 some have said 12wks. Do they still just have you run 1mile during PT or has it increased?
    Yes it is currently 10 weeks long but there are rumors that they might extend it to 12 weeks. For PT you will eventually run 3 miles which is no big deal.
    Last edited by valetudo39; 06-24-2018, 01:53 AM.
    Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

• Originally posted by valetudo39 View Post

Yes it is currently 10 weeks long but there are rumors that they might extend it to 12 weeks. For PT you will eventually run 3 miles which is no big deal.
      Thanks for the reply, whats the additional 2 weeks include? I heard rifles were being issued-

Comment

• Rifle course and additional classes. Most facilities have rifles in the units. They used to have the shoot house (Simunitions) course but some pussies cried to the union and they stopped using it for the academy.
        Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

• Will the VA Police ever get LE retirement coverage? Or is that a pipe dream?

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
            Will the VA Police ever get LE retirement coverage? Or is that a pipe dream?
            Probably not.....if that passed that would mean age restrictions for hiring and those that are already working who are beyond 37 might get screwed over. FPS does not have LE retirement as well. I personally don't care either way. I rather have 24 hour carry and harder training and hiring standards.

Comment

• Do you think the VA Police will ever close down Little Rock and send new officers to FLETC UPTP?

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
                Do you think the VA Police will ever close down Little Rock and send new officers to FLETC UPTP?
                The only way that will happen is if they're forced too. LETC charges something like 7k per officer from each hospital. Honestly, it's another reason why the VA seems to be underfunded for patient care is when they do bull**** like this
                I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• AgentDiNozzo
                  AgentDiNozzo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Prices rise when they unilaterally make the add more pointless weeks to the “training”. It’s now up to approximately $15k per officer. No waivers no matter what. They have to keep the 65 “special agents” well paid to teach.

• orlandofed5-0
                  orlandofed5-0 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Heard you left NZP for the VA

• Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post

The only way that will happen is if they're forced too. LETC charges something like 7k per officer from each hospital. Honestly, it's another reason why the VA seems to be underfunded for patient care is when they do bull**** like this
                Exactly....we need a Director that will come in and make big changes.

Comment

• AgentDiNozzo
                  AgentDiNozzo commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Exactly. With all of the constant, unaddressed and continuing problems with VA Police and OS&LE in general, nobody evers seems to point the finger where the buck stops. Fred Jackson has been in charge since 2007 across three administrations and probably at least a half dozen VA secretaries. For somebody who seems to like the VA Police and claims to understand the issues, he sure seems to accomplish nothing when it comes to training, comparative pay, growth, retention or retirement. I get failing with one administration but when it’s three, that tells me exactly where the infection originated.

• Doesnt some of the money also come from something called an Enterprise Fund, plus when they run it, they can control it and guide it how they see fit-

Comment

• If you do a search on Linkedin you would see the background on some of these so-called Special Agents at LETC and you would see some have no background that would qualify them as a SA.

Comment

• CBPO-DFW
                    CBPO-DFW commented
                    Editing a comment
                    are they or wee they possibly 1811 & got citp training from fletc?

Doesnt some of the money also come from something called an Enterprise Fund, plus when they run it, they can control it and guide it how they see fit-
                  Supposedly they have to meet certain guidlines on training in order to keep the certification from FLETA

Comment

Doesnt some of the money also come from something called an Enterprise Fund, plus when they run it, they can control it and guide it how they see fit-
                    The enterprise fund is how they make money. By charging each VA for the officer plus whatever they charge the AF for it's civilian police officers, they make money. Until the VA is forced to close down let, it's not going to be worth the paper it's written on

Comment

• Good info, I think for those that often apply between the VA and DOD, its a trade off. DOD ( at least navy does) sends you to FLETC which makes you marketable due to UPTP and you may have a pro-LE Base CO who lets you be a Police Officer vs the VA, where you do have statutory authority and some active facilities where you can do police work w/ support from mngt and go through a relatively easy academy that is only acceptable by the VA. I have seen the navy been giving 25% retention bonuses for the 1st 2 yrs and GS-6 after FLETC.

Comment

Good info, I think for those that often apply between the VA and DOD, its a trade off. DOD ( at least navy does) sends you to FLETC which makes you marketable due to UPTP and you may have a pro-LE Base CO who lets you be a Police Officer vs the VA, where you do have statutory authority and some active facilities where you can do police work w/ support from mngt and go through a relatively easy academy that is only acceptable by the VA. I have seen the navy been giving 25% retention bonuses for the 1st 2 yrs and GS-6 after FLETC.
                        UPTP is only good for 0083 positions and only good for federal jobs. Unfortunately it would not be acceptable by local city municipal, county or state agencies.

The VA gig is probably not good for the young guys that want to go chase bad guys or get involved in high speed chases. I don't see too many 0083 positions offering this either except for maybe BIA. The most exciting federal LE jobs have the madatory age restrictions so most anybody over 37 is not eligble to apply.

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
                          scotty_appleton814 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          There are many states that accept UPTP for local, and municipal agencies. Most state agencies will still require you to go to their academy.

• Originally posted by valetudo39 View Post

UPTP is only good for 0083 positions and only good for federal jobs. Unfortunately it would not be acceptable by local city municipal, county or state agencies.

The VA gig is probably not good for the young guys that want to go chase bad guys or get involved in high speed chases. I don't see too many 0083 positions offering this either except for maybe BIA. The most exciting federal LE jobs have the madatory age restrictions so most anybody over 37 is not eligble to apply.
                        UPTP is waiverable to PA standards. Quite a few ex 0083's made the transition to working for either a municipal or state agency (our sheriff's aren't LE)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4175 users online. 236 members and 3939 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X