Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know everyone says the physical standards are a joke when it comes to passing the VA academy. Can anyone tell me definitively what the requirements are for a 54 y/o male? How many push ups? How many sit ups? How long do I have to walk the mile? It's too bad the requirements aren't posted somewhere in the internet for people for people to find and see. Anyways, thanks for any help anyone can give.

Comment

• J2H
      J2H commented
      Editing a comment
      Might be like the army civilian standards. Ours is 19 push-ups and a mile and a half in 17:30

• Removed .....
    Last edited by charleshardin25; 06-08-2018, 01:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WatnNY View Post
      I know everyone says the physical standards are a joke when it comes to passing the VA academy. Can anyone tell me definitively what the requirements are for a 54 y/o male? How many push ups? How many sit ups? How long do I have to walk the mile? It's too bad the requirements aren't posted somewhere in the internet for people for people to find and see. Anyways, thanks for any help anyone can give.
      I would be more worried about the law test.

The minimum for that age bracket are the following:

Sit ups 24 in 2 min.
      Push ups 17
      Mile run 16:00

That totals 9 points which you need to pass

You have to be dead not to pass.

The three things people fail are the law test, firearms and PT test.
      Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

• CBPO-DFW
        CBPO-DFW commented
        Editing a comment
        Any pre-study guide I may buy for "law test" before the VA LETC date?
        and what's the course of fire for firearm shooting portion?

• What happens if you fail a test? Do you get a retake? Or is it one chance only?

Comment

• My course was a FLETA course (DACP Academy) but we did not have to pass a PT test in the class, we had to pass the PT test to even go to the school.
        Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
        USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
        "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
        Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
          What happens if you fail a test? Do you get a retake? Or is it one chance only?
          You get a second chance and if you fail they send you home ASAP. The last class had 17 people fail the law test and after the retake only 10 passed. This goes for all tests.
          Not all men can be U.S. Marines that is why there is the Army, Navy and Air Force.

Comment

• CBPO-DFW
            CBPO-DFW commented
            Editing a comment
            How many time do u have to take test over there during the 10 weeks training? mid term & final...???

• Did the VA ever start the pilot program allowing officers to take their duty firearms home with them?

Comment

Did the VA ever start the pilot program allowing officers to take their duty firearms home with them?
            It is supposed to happen real soon. This was mentioned in the last Chiefs meeting and also by the head of OS&LE Fred Jackson.

Comment

• To me it seems like it would be more of an inconvenience to take it home. I would have to go straight home after work to drop out off before I go and run any errands. Seems easier to just leave at work if I'm not allowed to carry it everywhere. Don't see a real benefit.

Comment

• Originally posted by my93rx7tt View Post
                To me it seems like it would be more of an inconvenience to take it home. I would have to go straight home after work to drop out off before I go and run any errands. Seems easier to just leave at work if I'm not allowed to carry it everywhere. Don't see a real benefit.
                I think it will be used as a testing process to see how many officers will **** it up. If all goes well then they bring the 24 hour carry status.

Comment

• Will the VA Police ever carry tasers? Has it been brought up?

Comment

Will the VA Police ever carry tasers? Has it been brought up?
                    Yes...LETC has already written the curriculum and the policy is already written. They just need the green light and LETC can start teaching the classes right away. I say it will happen next year.

Comment

• Is it still 10weeks long? ive seen some job postings say 8 others say 10 some have said 12wks. Do they still just have you run 1mile during PT or has it increased?

Comment

• It is 10 weeks and the final PT test is still the same. Only 1 mile

Comment

• Originally posted by my93rx7tt View Post
                          It is 10 weeks and the final PT test is still the same. Only 1 mile
                          Yep....just one mile.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3571 users online. 168 members and 3403 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X