300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DLA Police PA vs VA

I've been referred for selection to both. If I get an offer from both I would like to weigh my options. As I understand they're back to going to FLETC which is a bonus for me. I know the job is 99% force protection and fine with that. VA has opportunities to branch out into the D.C. area which I view as a plus. PA I'm not sure but I imagine there has to be something in Philly to branch out to.

The cost of living in PA seems alot better than VA/D.C. and PA has no property tax which is another plus. But the ability for advance in the D.C. area is big and keeps coming back as I weigh the 2.

Furthermore, for anyone familiar with the 2 locations (New Cumberland / Fairfax). Is there any specialty units? SRT, K9, ect... ?

Any info would be extremely appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I would love to hear from Bearcat or Orlando! You guys tend to have all the answers on these agencies!

Comment

Pimp Orlando.... he's worked for DLA..... I haven't. I just know where they are at LE wise and AT/FP wise....

Comment

Not a prob... well here's hoping Orlando comes through!

Comment

units

There are no, SRT and the k9 is contracted out. 9 mm, no carrying ur personal weapon on base. VA, is more about the little things, more LE in PA out of both. Working in the VA area will not help for other gigs. If you wait little, there will be some spots open for fema, . Just don't rock the boat.....

Comment

Thanks for the info. In terms of advancement I ment with D.C. being close by there is usually openings for a variety of agencies. Not so much as in the "good ole boy system" lol, just having a concentration of angencies.

When you say the little things in VA, what exactly do you mean?

Comment

PA has property tax. VA is alot different than DLA.
              I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

I work with a guy from PA he said they didnt .... I'm going to have to look that up now. I didnt mean VA Police I ment DLA in VA in the Fairfax area.

Comment

Fairfax and DDSP are 2 totally different facilities in terms of operations.

Comment

PA and VA

Orlando is on the money, each facility is its own monster.

If you were to look up the two you'll see that VA is where HQ is. With that being said all the big wigs are there; you can figure out the rest, either way your foots in the door.

Comment

I gotcha! Thanks again! At this point, lets see what happens. MPK9 I take it you work for DLA at the HQ?

Comment

Nope ! Worked in PA, then transferd to DHS. Now I'm out ! to many games where I am.

Comment

I hear you on the too many games bit. I'm all too familiar with that where I am.

Comment

Ft. Belvoir gets called to handle ALOT of calls atr DLA Hqs. DDSP does their own thing, same as Tracy and Columbus.

Comment

K9

Originally posted by MPK9 View Post
                              There are no, SRT and the k9 is contracted out. 9 mm, no carrying ur personal weapon on base. VA, is more about the little things, more LE in PA out of both. Working in the VA area will not help for other gigs. If you wait little, there will be some spots open for fema, . Just don't rock the boat.....
                              Hey there,
                              Does anyone know the company or unit that the k9 for DLA in PA is contracted through?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7403 users online. 291 members and 7112 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X