X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearcat357
    replied
    Originally posted by FPS1588 View Post
    This is also correct. If you choose to take the job, sometimes you have to be willing to take the pay. There is not always a guarantee an agency will match your salary. You will want to know this in advance before actually accepting the job.
    Yeap...and it goes back to how much you want the job...and how much you are willing to sacrifice to get it......

As stated on here 1000s of times.... Going Fed isn't the greatest thing in the world for a lot of folks......

Leave a comment:

• FPS1588
    replied
    Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
    Usually....but HSI/ICE has been telling some folks to suck it up and take what they give you....with no pay match......
    This is also correct. If you choose to take the job, sometimes you have to be willing to take the pay. There is not always a guarantee an agency will match your salary. You will want to know this in advance before actually accepting the job.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat357
    replied
    As already mentioned, you will probably lose the grade, however you will usually retain your pay.
    Usually....but HSI/ICE has been telling some folks to suck it up and take what they give you....with no pay match......

Leave a comment:

• AZDesertRat
    replied
    As already mentioned, you will probably lose the grade, however you will usually retain your pay.
    Safe pay is not automatic, and does not have to be given for voluntary changes in employment. You can negotiate safe pay for a term of up to two years.

Leave a comment:

• FPS1588
    replied

Leave a comment:

• CISPOS
    replied
    I can only speak for the USMS. You would start as a GS 5 or GS 7 Step 10 and progress to GS 9, 11, and finally 12. As you move upwards, your base pay can never go down. So you will find the step (up to 10) that will closest match your base salary without going below your original pay. It is important to note, while an 082 (GS 5/7/9), a DUSM doesn't receive LEAP. Upon reaching the GS 11, LEAP pay kicks in.

So, as a GS 11 Step 2 from the Border Patrol, I was hired as a GS 7/10, am now a GS 9/8, and will soon be an 11/3. It is a pay cut, but well worth it for many. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• TexasJ
    started a topic GS to GS

GS to GS

I'm having a hard time getting accurate information on this. I'm a gs-12 with a DOD agency. If was to pursue lets say USMS, or groups within the DOJ or DHS would I keep my 12? would they pay relo? negotiate step?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8603 users online. 418 members and 8185 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X