300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1811 Laterals?

Does anyone know if there are currently, or will be any laterals opening up for current 1811's?

I know the Postal Inspection Service just closed a lateral announcement a couple of weeks ago.

I ask due to the new fiscal year approaching and hopefully some will be eager to hire.

Also, I hear the Secret Service will be hiring around November/Decemeber.. but not sure if they'll have laterals.

Curious why you ask, as a student (per your profile) you won't qualify for a lateral announcement. Only already serving 1811's qualify for lateral announcements.
    sigpic

Comment

Woops. I'm a current 1811. I guess I havent updated my profile since signing up here.

Comment

Just did a simple 1811 search on USAjobs with status. 37 1811 positions open, most are supervisory. Those that aren't include FBI (GS-10), USFWS (a 12 & 13) in Oregon and Colorado, DOJ OIG (13) in Illinois and Virginia, BLM (11/12) in Alaska that requires pilot experience, USCG (12) in Conneticut, and SIGTARP (13) in DC.

Comment

Originally posted by tjacks7 View Post
          I'm a current 1811.
          Are you in a competitive service agency or excepted service? Do you have career permanent status? If you're in excepted service, are you a vet?

Your answers to those questions will determine if you're even viable to apply for some 1811 lateral announcements, as it's unfortunately not as simple as merely being an 1811 at the GS-13 level in all cases (speaking from personal experience here, and very recently).
          Last edited by Kimble; 09-17-2011, 09:18 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks a lot! I saw a lot that were supervisory on USAJOBS but I definitely appreciate the help!

Comment

Originally posted by Kimble View Post
              Are you in a competitive service agency or excepted service? Do you have career permanent status? If you're in excepted service, are you a vet?

Your answers to those questions will determine if you're even viable to apply for some 1811 lateral announcements, as it's unfortunately not as simple as merely being an 1811 at the GS-13 level in all cases (speaking from personal experience here, and very recently).
              I had the understanding that everything that you mentioned was required, with the exception of the grade level. I have seen alot of guys lateral as an 1811 to various agencies and many times they were not 13s yet. Obviously they lateralled at whatever grade level that they were in at the time of the lateral, though.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11224 users online. 477 members and 10747 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X