Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't take you're post the wrong way, I just responded to what you posted (which I quoted in my last post). There's nothing dishonorable about your work experience, but also nothing noteworthy for employment in law enforcement, either. Have people been hired as cops with nothing directly relevant to skills used in law enforcement? Absolutely, but I'd advise not having a viewpoint of "my work experience will guarantee I get the job because I've worked full-time while in college," doesn't always work out that way. Apply and give it your best shot, but don't kid yourself into believing that just because you've worked 12 hours at a grocery store that that will put you to the head of the line of applicants when applying to be a cop, it depends on what qualifications other applicants have and how you stack against them overall.

Originally posted by kaderly93 View Post
    I know good and well that by working at a grocery store will make me the highest person on the totem pole lol.
    I assume you meant to say "...will not make me the highest..." because as I said before working full-time at a grocery store or restaurant doesn't exactly give you the same skills as working in a professional career field (i.e. business, military, other gov't positions, etc.).

Not trying to put you down, so don't take it that way, but it also doesn't hurt to be realistic when applying for a career and have a "plan B" in case things don't work out or you have to build your qualifications further before being hired.
    sigpic

Comment

lol i did mean to put will not ha. and I understand what you are saying but I want you to understand where I am coming from.

Comment

Go to college, get a bachelor's, PERIOD. The unemployment rate right now is over 9% in the U.S. Do you know what it is for those with a Bachelor's? Just over 4%. In today's day and age you need an education. Plain and simple. Quit being in a hurry to be a grow up and take things one step at a time.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11112 users online. 479 members and 10633 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X