300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oral Board's this Friday....... Need some Tips

So I will be doing my Oral boards this Friday for a City police position. What are some pointers you guys can give me? I'm sure it has been asked 100K times lol. But thank you for any help.

Originally posted by bkosonen View Post
    So I will be doing my Oral boards this Friday for a City police position. What are some pointers you guys can give me? I'm sure it has been asked 100K times lol. But thank you for any help.
    Confidence brother! Really all you need. Look it and sound it! You'll do fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuff_Ced View Post
      Confidence brother! Really all you need. Look it and sound it! You'll do fine.
      Some of the folks who have gone before posted this regarding oral boards. (http://forums.officer.com/forums/arc.../t-158023.html)

I've successfully completed one oral board and was glad I read through the preparation bulletins posted therein.

Comment

Lie, Deflect, and counter-question. Also, playing the "kill, marry, f#%k" game will help. J/K...what nuff said is good advice.

Comment

What agency r u applying for? I sit on my departments entry level oral boards and I can tell u that u Ned to be confident and appear to be a problem solver. U will be asked about conflicts u have had and how u resolved them. Your education and job advancement prior to ur application. U should wear a decent suit and tie and get a haircut. Also don't wear jewelry except a watch or wedding ring. Hope that helps

Comment

Take a buddy and interview as a team. Just kidding. Pregame and be prepared to talk about your weaknesses. That question throws people off. Don't be scared to pause before you answer or ask for clarification. Good luck.

Comment

Do a little work and read up on the department. What are they passionate about? Are they aggressive on DUI, or are they big on their neighborhood watch program. Get my drift? This might help if there is a question as to why you want to join their Agency or if you are asked to tell them a little about the department.
              Be confident in your responses and work the house by giving eye contact back to each person that asks you a question.

And the most important thing to remember, don't forget to take the pre game dump early in the morning!!

Comment

Lol. You guys are great! Thanks for the advice, and I'm applying for Post Falls Police. This position is for the Reserves but that's how you get on full time with them.

Comment

Do your standard interview prep. Don't be caught off guard by generic questions like: Why do you want to work here and what are your strengths/weaknesses. Be confident and honest and the rest is easy.

Comment

pm me your e-mail and I will send you something out.
                    MDRDEP:

There are no stupid questions, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

Comment

Well I did it I think I did good. I gave straight direct answers. It always seems after that your like I should of said this lol.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9640 users online. 401 members and 9239 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X