300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSA Investigator

Greetings to all, and a happy Labor Day!

I have questions regarding an opening with NSA as an Investigator; having already done a search on here for this position I found that there hasn’t been a new thread for some time and I was hoping for current or first-hand information. Anything anyone might be able to offer would be greatly appreciated.

1. Typical job duties. Some previous postings have referred to the Investigator position as one of a background investigator and polygrapher. This current posting details a more 1811-type position with actual investigation responsibility. Any current data?

2. The salary range for this position is $89,033-$155,500. Coming from inside of the federal government, would pay matching be likely? Obviously, from one job to the next, no one wants to have a drop in salary.

3. OT opportunities? Travel? Or, will is this position based at HQ with limited opportunities to be out and about?

4. While I recognize that this is not a typical 1811-type position, what are the LE benefits of this position? Is there a firearms requirement, and if so, is off-duty carry authorized? Are statutory powers of arrest authorized? I am aware that this positioned is credentialed as a “Special Agent”, but am unaware of actual responsibilities awarded by the agency.

5. Without going into any specifics, obviously to avoid any OPSEC-related concerns, is there any type of career progression within this job field or will you be an Investigator for the entirety of your career? Also, are there any other opportunities which are available which can broaden the opportunities for personnel?

As usual – thanks for all of your help. If you’d like to send a private message instead of posting to the group, that would be fine as well. I appreciate any insight that anyone might have regarding this position.

Cheers!
    Ethan

Sounds more like an OIG position, but most likely I am wrong.

Got a link for the job posting?
    Last edited by cur679; 09-02-2011, 04:58 PM.
    CBP Officer

08/31/14-Tested
    02/28/14-TSL Received
    03/18/14-PFT1/MED
    07/01/14-VBT/SI
    07/19/14-EQUIP Submitted
    07/22/14-Credit Report Pulled

Comment

Responsibilities

The Inspector General (IG) of the National Security Agency (NSA) plans, conducts, and supervises investigations, inspections, audits, and other reviews of NSA programs and operations. IG investigators conduct inquiries into possible violations of civil and criminal law, rules, and regulations governing mismanagement, fraud, waste of funds, and abuse of authority within the Agency.

- Conduct investigations, using a full range of investigative techniques, including computer forensic analysis. Investigations cover a wide spread of allegations of fraud, violations of standards of conduct and Executive Orders governing U.S. intelligence activities, whistleblower reprisal, misuse of government funds, improper procurement practices, contract fraud, and many other matters. Some investigations are conducted in conjunction with federal law enforcement entities and the U.S. Department of Justice.
      - Plan, conduct, and report on these investigations. Collect documentary and physical evidence, interview witnesses, analyze evidence, and present investigative conclusions.
      - Conduct legal analysis to reach conclusions in accordance with law, regulations, professional standards, and NSA policy and produce written documents incorporating legal research.
      Qualifications

- Entry is with a high school diploma and 7 years of experience, or an Associate's degree and 5 years of experience, or a Bachelor's degree and 3 years of experience.
      - Bachelor's degree preferred in criminology, law enforcement, psychology, or other behavioral science.
      - Specialized experience in law enforcement investigations or related experience.
      - IG investigation experience from another agency.

The ideal applicant for this position will have demonstrated high standards of personal ethics and integrity, as well as independence and objectivity. The individual should possess superior judgment and analytical skills and be able to communicate effectively, candidly, accurately, and constructively with senior military and civilian officials inside and outside NSA.
      Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule

Salary is commensurate with experience and education.

Salary Range: $89,033-$155,500

Comment

Is there a reason you're posting the EXACT same posts on this on every cop forum in the universe? The answer on 911jobforums answered your question pretty well, if you cared to even read what was posted.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kimble View Post
          Is there a reason you're posting the EXACT same posts on this on every cop forum in the universe? The answer on 911jobforums answered your question pretty well, if you cared to even read what was posted.
          Thank you! Just thinking that to myself after visiting 911..... and his question was answered by K.....

One can only assume he hit your place as well.....
          Last edited by Bearcat357; 09-03-2011, 01:44 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Kimble View Post
            lol.... owned

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8699 users online. 419 members and 8280 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X