Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

San Francisco PD is accepting applications for Lateral and Entry Level positions

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Francisco PD is accepting applications for Lateral and Entry Level positions

San Francisco PD is accepting applications for Lateral and Entry Level positions

http://www.sf-police.org/index.aspx?page=1645

http://www.jobaps.com/SF/sup/Bulprev...00Q2&R3=055494

The application process will begin on 8-26-11, Friday, 8:00 am until 9-2-11, Friday, 5:00 pm
    Last edited by gaffud; 08-27-2011, 12:12 PM.

Hello:

Thanks for posting this. Also is there a process for out of state applicants?

THANKS
    -JONATHAN-

Comment

Originally posted by Grxmites View Post
      Hello:

Thanks for posting this. Also is there a process for out of state applicants?
      Yes. Google "California POST Basic Course Waiver."

Comment

Last time I checked California was laying off police officers.... Might not be the best time to make a move to another agency.

Comment

Nice starting salary. I imagine its necessary for San Fran though.

Comment

guess they're set to hire 90 booters and 20 laterals. Policy for laterals is 'one step above your current hourly wage' Great if you're in calpers already, and making 48 bucks an hour, but if you're from one of the other 49 states, and aren't making Suffolk County, NY style money, they'll start you at $41/hr ... entry level.

CA basic waiver process seems lengthy, but at least that gets you a lateral academy of 8 weeks vs the 40 week newbie deal.

Nice salary, too bad Gascon is the chief out there.

Comment

Originally posted by JI603 View Post
              guess they're set to hire 90 booters and 20 laterals. Policy for laterals is 'one step above your current hourly wage' Great if you're in calpers already, and making 48 bucks an hour, but if you're from one of the other 49 states, and aren't making Suffolk County, NY style money, they'll start you at $41/hr ... entry level.

CA basic waiver process seems lengthy, but at least that gets you a lateral academy of 8 weeks vs the 40 week newbie deal.

Nice salary, too bad Gascon is the chief out there.
              Gascon is not the chief, Greg Suhr is. Gascon is the District Attorney of San Francisco County

Comment

yikes! My mistake. I thought when Fong left, he took over. Still - DA is bad enough.

Comment

Originally posted by JI603 View Post
                  yikes! My mistake. I thought when Fong left, he took over. Still - DA is bad enough.
                  No, you were right he did take over, albeit not for that long. He stepped down when he got elected DA and that's when Suhr got tapped.

SFPD would be a decent gig with lots of opportunity, I am just a little weary of giving up my fed career status when the financial situation is so dire in California. Now is not the time to be a probationary officer in California.

Comment

Just put my app in today and was wondering if the POST given by SFPD different than that given by federal agencies? I'm not familiar with t-scores, but I've taken and passed the standard POST -- is that an acceptable substitute if you can show that it consisted of a Reading comprehension, Math and Writing?

Also, I am from out of state (east coaster), does SFPD do any sort of expedited processing where I can perform multiple steps in fewer trips?

Comment

Originally posted by Chaser1 View Post
                      Just put my app in today and was wondering if the POST given by SFPD different than that given by federal agencies? I'm not familiar with t-scores, but I've taken and passed the standard POST -- is that an acceptable substitute if you can show that it consisted of a Reading comprehension, Math and Writing?

Also, I am from out of state (east coaster), does SFPD do any sort of expedited processing where I can perform multiple steps in fewer trips?
                      It would be nice having another Marylander out here!!

CA POST is not too much different than other POSTs. I am pretty sure that you will have to take the test again even though you have passed a POST test elsewhere.

I know they used to have expedited hiring for out of state, that is a question you should ask them.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaser1 View Post

You must have a California POST score of 42 or higher (highest is 77) on California POST letterhead dated within two years of 9-2-11. You would only submit this letter to be exempt from the Written Exam.

Comment

Gaffud, sent you a PM
                          Last edited by Chaser1; 08-30-2011, 07:26 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10494 users online. 496 members and 9998 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X