300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal resume services

Anyone have any opinions on these services? Are they worth the $200-400 I've seen advertised? Has anyone used any they would recommend?

thanks
    He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High
    shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
    - Psalm 91:1

On Ignore - A few folks.

You can shell out the money to have someone write your resume or you can spend some time getting familiar with USAJobs.opm.gov and the way winning resumes are written.

Navigate over to:
    http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/resumeanda...ontips.asp#icc
    http://www.usajobs.gov/EI/tentips.asp#icc

Using the services of an outside entity does not assure you will get anything but a resume that is possibly written the way USAJobs wants. Before you invest in a service, review the links provided. Learn the system and when you find an announcement that interests you, carefully review it before sending your application in.
    Originally posted by SSD
    It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
    Originally posted by Iowa #1603
    And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

Sending a PM, bsd13......^^^^
      Just another squirrel, tryin' to get a nut......

Comment

Got it, thanks!

On Ignore - A few folks.

Comment

Save your money, use the USA Jobs resume builder.
          GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

Better yet...save your money and go to either your local college Career Center (like I did) if you can go that route....and have them help you with the narratives better.....

Or go find a local HS/Community College/University/Vo Tech Teacher that does English stuff and let them look over our narratives.......

Use the USAJOBs resume builder....and use their narratives to make your stuff even better.....

Working for me.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
              Better yet...save your money and go to either your local college Career Center (like I did) if you can go that route....and have them help you with the narratives better.....

Or go find a local HS/Community College/University/Vo Tech Teacher that does English stuff and let them look over our narratives.......

Use the USAJOBs resume builder....and use their narratives to make your stuff even better.....

Working for me.....
              That's something I didn't consider. I'll have to call around to colleges and see what they can offer. Thanks.

On Ignore - A few folks.

Comment

Originally posted by GIOSTORMUSNRET View Post
                Save your money, use the USA Jobs resume builder.
                I have and don't seem to have any luck with it. I need editing help to tighten things up.

On Ignore - A few folks.

Comment

Originally posted by bsd13 View Post
                  That's something I didn't consider. I'll have to call around to colleges and see what they can offer. Thanks.
                  Hell...even look at the local High Schools and see if any of your friends/family know English Teachers. They can help you put more action words and all that stuff in your resume just as easy as someone that is going to charge you an arm and a leg.....

Beer/wine/gift certficate goes a long with with most of them......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9906 users online. 482 members and 9424 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X