300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Federal Agent arrested for DUI?

Has anyone met someone or know or heard of someone who is a federal agent and got arrested for DUI? We have this guy in my office that got arrested for one after hours in his personal vehicle. He has been at our office for like 2 years. We are all betting on whats going to happen?

Any ideas from the experienced folk on here? Is he a goner? I keep hearing people saying he was lucky he was off probation, etc. Not sure what that has to do with anything.
    Last edited by frankievals14; 08-15-2011, 09:22 AM.

What agency?
    For the cops out there: You are an adult. If you want to write someone, write them. If you don't want to write someone, then don't write them.

"Jeff, you are the best cop on this board"-Anonymous Post

Comment

Originally posted by frankievals14 View Post
      Has anyone met someone or know or heard of someone who is a federal agent and got arrested for DUI? We have this guy in my office that got arrested for one after hours in his personal vehicle. He has been at our office for like 2 years. We are all betting on whats going to happen?

Any ideas from the experienced folk on here? Is he a goner? I keep hearing people saying he was lucky he was off probation, etc. Not sure what that has to do with anything.
      It happens all the time. Not sure you should have people post that in an open forum. If your a Leo I would think you would want to keep your agencies dirty laundry out of public scrutiny.
      Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; may God rebuke him, we humbly pray and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Comment

Reason I did not want to post agency. More so I didn't know the benefits of being off probation. Maybe someone can shed some light on that.

Comment

Reason I did not want to post agency. More so I didn't know the benefits of being off probation. Maybe someone can shed some light on that.
          This has made its rounds before, perhaps the same case, perhaps a different one. Cops, feds, pilots, doctors, lawyers and teachers get DUIs all the time and continue on their careers without an issue. Sure, it could be an impediment to making Chief, SAC, Head Pilot, Supreme Court Justice or Principle; but in most cases, its not a major deal. Simple DUI is a misdemeanor.

In most cases, unless there are some major mitigating issues, it’s a simple matter that would likely not be a major issue. However, if the person has had previous DUIs, must maintain an unrestricted license, a security clearance or the like, then perhaps some issues may come up.

If the person is off probation, (heck even if still on) then there is usually no career ender light shining. Granted, this is general information and as noted, if there are other factors, results could vary.
          Originally posted by SSD
          It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
          Originally posted by Iowa #1603
          And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

A group of us "Interns" just coming on board as federal agents were told regarding DUI's...

Under 1 year - FIRED...period...end of story...no further discussion.
            Over 1 year - FIRED...possible further discussion but likely fired.
            BPA(Geo Pref: CA)
            NOR: 10/01/2010 - Rating 91
            TSL1: 10/28/2010
            OB: 12/06/2010
            Med/PFT1: 04/05/2011
            TSL2/E-QIP: 04/28/2011
            BI Interview: 06/05/2011
            BI in Sec Off: 06/17/2011
            Drug Test: 07/05/2011
            TSU: 07/20/2011
            The Call: 07/29/2011
            PFT2: 08/12/2011 - 1 mile 7:22 1.5 mile 11:18 220yd Dash 0:31
            Sector: Yuma
            Station: Yuma Station
            EOD: 08/22/2011
            Academy Date: 08/29/2011

"He Who Knows Others Is Wise. He Who Knows Himself Is Enlightened." - Tao Te Ching

Comment

Originally posted by LastSamurai View Post
              A group of us "Interns" just coming on board as federal agents were told regarding DUI's...

Hate to say it, but unless our Uncle has changed his ways in the last few minutes, a simple DUI is NOT a career ender. In my time with the G, I have seen all sorts of this and that and can attest to the fact that a simple DUI can end a career for those on probation but those off usually move along just fine.
              Originally posted by SSD
              It has long been the tradition on this forum and as well as professionally not to second guess or Monday morning QB the officer's who were actually on-scene and had to make the decision. That being said, I don't think that your discussion will go very far on this board.
              Originally posted by Iowa #1603
              And now you are arguing about not arguing..................

Comment

Originally posted by sgt jon View Post
                Hate to say it, but unless our Uncle has changed his ways in the last few minutes, a simple DUI is NOT a career ender. In my time with the G, I have seen all sorts of this and that and can attest to the fact that a simple DUI can end a career for those on probation but those off usually move along just fine.
                What he ^ said still holds true

Comment

I don't think it is a career-ender. I know of an SA with an OIG who had a DWI prior to being hired (while he was employed in a 6(c) law enforcement position), and has been arrested for crimes of violence (including one that involved alcohol) on two separate occasions during his OIG employment. He's still a GS-13.

Comment

Originally posted by LastSamurai View Post

From what I've seen........If you're under probation in the USBP then it is almost definitely a career ender. There are always exceptions to the rule, but good money is you're getting fired. If you're off probation then it probably is not a career ender. I don't know if this is agency wide or if it varies from sector to sector.

Comment

So if the agent loses his license does he go to the rubber gun squad or desk duty until they get it back?

Comment

My agency:
                        On probation- talk of the station and fired.
                        Senior agent- swept under the rug and continues on like nothing happened.

Personally, I think it should be a career ended. I don't want to start a battle here, but if you can't make the simple decision to not drive a vehicle while intoxicated, then you have no right being in law enforcement. Just my two cents.

Comment

I know several BOP correctional officers who have had DUIs, including a Lt. They all got time on the streets, but kept their jobs.
                          What is Perseverance?
                          -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                          -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                          -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Federal Agent Arrested For DUI?

Originally posted by CrashBandicoot View Post
                            .....and has been arrested for crimes of violence.....
                            I suspect that this was NOT a domestic assault involving a family member then?

Comment

Look cops are people too, the job is stressful and sometimes they turn to the bottle for help. No excuse for what they did. Drinking and driving is very bad but some just dont see there problem until its too late. I would hope that person seeks help and face what there actions have brought to themself. I know of a couple of real great cops that went to the bottle because they were unsure who to talk with.....they lost there job and faced criminal charges......
                              sigpicMy statements do not represent my agency.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7006 users online. 295 members and 6711 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X