X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grumpyirishman
    replied
    Ah! Double-dipping!

My county pension goes right to the bank and my federal salary buys what I need and my toys...

Cha-ching $$$$$

Leave a comment:

• GoldBadge
    replied
    You're gonna see that with me when I retire from my fed job (pretty soon) and go to work for a state or county.

Leave a comment:

• TheKansan
    replied
    You see it a lot in the feds with military guys. They retire from the military and then get a federal job.

Leave a comment:

• deputy x 2
    replied
    Absolutely.....it's called double dippin

Very common occurrence

Leave a comment:

• Jim1648
    started a topic Post Retirement Pensions

Post Retirement Pensions

We were talking at work the other day about how lucky were still are to have defined benefit retirements. The question came up about retiring at age 50 vs. age 55, etc. One person suggested that if an officer were to retire at age 50 and go work for another government employer, even if the salary were lower, it would be more advantageous than staying with the current employer because they would be getting:

-A Pension Annuity, and

-A Salary

It sounds to me like it is comparing apples to oranges, but I would love to hear from coppers that have retired at age 50, but then gone top work for another government employer, is it as sweet as it sounds? How do you determine if it is more advantageous to stay where you are vs. retiring, drawing a pension, AND another salary?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10089 users online. 359 members and 9730 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X