300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background Concern

I am concerned about a background investigation for NC LEO. I just recently visited a friend in prison and I did it because I knew when I am a certified leo I cannot have any contact with felons or criminals. Wll this effect my background investigation? I hope it does not because it was just an old friend I visited and I never was involved in any criminal acts with this friend. I have no tickets, no criminal record, I have really done nothing "bad", can someone please help me get some answers. I am worried. Thanks

You're fine. How many threads did you start? : )

Comment

two I needed quick answers , im just worried about my career

Comment

Originally posted by hbadger05 View Post
        ...when I am a certified leo I cannot have any contact with felons or criminals.
        That's who you WILL have contact with all day long......
        "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm" -George Orwell

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing diapers." - Blues Brothers

Comment

Originally posted by grumpyirishman View Post
          That's who you WILL have contact with all day long......
          I mean having friends who fall in that category...I mean personal relationsips, not job duties

Comment

I mean having friends who fall in that category...I mean personal relationsips, not job duties
            You're fine, relax...just be honest with everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuff_Ced View Post
              You're fine, relax...just be honest with everything.
              Yea, well at the time of my interview I did not visit him it was after that but I guess i just need to stop exagerrating. Im a female and he is a male in prison I just hope it doesnt hurt me since it was nothing major.

Comment

I just recently visited a friend in prison and I did it because I knew when I am a certified leo I cannot have any contact with felons or criminals.
                Won't that make it kinda hard to do the job?
                "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
                  Won't that make it kinda hard to do the job?
                  I most def know I will deal with criminals on the job, but the issue here is if any of them are my friends and of course i have a few old friends that do "bad" things but I dont hang out with them. This one friend who went to jail 3 years ago and got transfered to a rison I just went to show him he needs to grow up and to give him some advice. I have never been involved in any criminal activity or in his life when he committed this crime. I knew he was going down the bad road years ago so I stopped hanging out with him befoe he even went to jail. I guess I just need to stop worrying I haven not committed any crimes and thats what matters.

Comment

It shouldn't affect you. If anything, look at it this way. You know people who do bad things yet you have a clean record. A PD may look at that and see that you are responsible enough to make the better decision. On the other hand, if it worries you that much, I would stop making those visits. You'll be fine.

Comment

Conjucal visit?

Lol
                      Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
                        Conjucal visit?

Lol
                        Man HELL NO! lol im not that big of a friend f dat

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8155 users online. 363 members and 7792 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X