300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Residency Requirement

I have noticed a lot of federal LE agencies (CBP, BP, HSI, FBI, etc) now have residency requirements that mandate applicants must have resided in the US for the last three years, unless you are military, a dependent, or DOD/DOS employee.

In my opinion, residency requirements are BS. If someone goes overseas to study a critical language like Russian, Chinese, Arabic, etc, and stays over there for an extended period of time, they have essentially just DQed themselves.

I know a lot of agencies want applicants who are fluent in foreign languages and generally the best way to obtain fluency is to live overseas and immerse yourself in the language.

I guarantee a lot of quality applicants who thought they were doing themselves a favor by studying abroad are ticked off because now they can't apply.

Obviously you have not read the fine print where they can seek exceptions for those who have actually studied abroad, gone on church missions or other work studies. Unless you went to learn a languange which you couldn't do over Rosetta Stone...?
    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

If you think their requirements are BS, apply elsewhere.
      I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11972 users online. 544 members and 11428 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X