300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trooper33 View Post
    Any advice on the phase 1 assessment? I take the test the 23rd. I’ve been reviewing the packet with the sample questions but is there anything else out there?
    Believe it or not, the test isn’t too terribly difficult. They had to change it when a certain group complained about some of the sections. I passed it first time no problem and I’m not really a “smart” guy...

Comment

• dark321
      dark321 commented
      Editing a comment
      What is the backstory on that? Curious

• Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone that's in the FBI currently for NY can answer this question, If you were to communicate by driving, do they provide parking for employees? Even if its like a credit card they give you to pay for parking garages, just curious. Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Not sure if anyone could answer this but with everything going on in the Middle East currently, would knowing Farsi (Iranian) be a way to choose location?

I’m not too worried about passing the process, just more so location change is what’s holding me back. Current local leo with a good amount of investigation experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mach123 View Post
        Not sure if anyone could answer this but with everything going on in the Middle East currently, would knowing Farsi (Iranian) be a way to choose location?

I’m not too worried about passing the process, just more so location change is what’s holding me back. Current local leo with a good amount of investigation experience.
        No, there is no way for New Agent Trainees to choose their location themselves. Everyone ranks all 56 offices during the beginning of the academy and list any special considerations (FLEO spouse, FBI Employee Spouse, serious medical hardship, etc.). Other than that, it is up to placement staff to decide where you go. Although many people have been getting one of their top 5 preferences, there is no guarantee and any of the 56 are fair game. They do not look at your background or resume for factors in determining your placement. Unfortunately the FBI does not provide your location during the final offer as many other FLE agencies do.

Comment

• flymia
          flymia commented
          Editing a comment
          Any idea if your spouse is an attorney for another federal law enforcement agency if that would impact office selection?

• Hey guys threw my name in the hat on 1/9/2020 received an email stating my application had been submitted and would be reviewed.

I received an email on 1/10/2020 stating my application status had been updated. I checked the FBI website and my application shows submitted 1/9/2020 and then underneath that it says SA Phase I 1/10/2020. Does anyone know if this means I should be expecting to receive an email soon with a date for the SA exam? Or is this basically just stating they received my application? Good luck to everyone who applied.

Comment

• parkscout93
          parkscout93 commented
          Editing a comment
          You’ll get another email.

• Looking for some advice. I recently failed my Phase II interview/written(Attempt 1). From my understanding, I may be invited back to retake both the interview and written. For those of you that have failed and have retaken the Phase II, and passed, did you do anything differently to prepare? What worked well for you? What does the process look like as well? I have read that you start back at the Meet and Greet.

Comment

• Lonestar001
          Lonestar001 commented
          Editing a comment
          I recently did not obtain a passing score on phase II as well. My notification stated I can reapply in a year. But I’m watching this post for others who have passed that year waiting period and reapplied since I am curious as to what they did differently to prepare. Wish you the best.

• ZoneOne
          ZoneOne commented
          Editing a comment
          Ask yourself why you failed? Ensure you have quality answers to the questions. Also ensure you can effectively articulate your answers in a confident and logical manner.

• dark321
          dark321 commented
          Editing a comment
          Just a few tips on the interview this is directly from what my AC told me... Use experience from all places not just your recent workplace. She dressed the star method for answering questions. Know yourself and be confident with your response. Use as much time as you need to set up your answers. Try to have at least 3-4 different examples per FBI characteristics so ideally you want like 20-30 good examples especially in case you use an answer for one question and a similar question comes later on

Best of luck in a year... Don't forget DEA, hsi, irs, etc are hiring so FBI isn't the only one!

PS they kept stressing using your full life experience and not just recent job and even dressed the interviewers only know your name and nothing else... It means they want to know you as a person and get a good feel of how you would fit in FBI. If you just talk about your recent job, you are going to be limited to (in my case) 5 years of my entire life.
          Last edited by dark321; 02-11-2020, 07:42 PM.

• Anyone know if passing results from Phase 2 transfer over to a different announcement? I know phase 1 stays with you for life.

Comment

• Lone-ranger
          Lone-ranger commented
          Editing a comment
          Unless something has changed, Phases 1 & 2 are both good for life.

• dark321
          dark321 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you appreciate it,

• Damn I got my phase 2 results today and I failed. Not surprised since I didn't put the effort in preparing for the interview.

Oh well, maybe I'll retry my second/final attempt in 5 years.

​​​​​

Comment

• Radio Raheem
          Radio Raheem commented
          Editing a comment
          At least you know where you went wrong. Fix it and try again. Good luck.

Last edited by bobbyknightkrz; 02-28-2020, 12:36 AM.

Comment

• Lone-ranger
          Lone-ranger commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m not certain but I believe if your spouse is military or a federal agent, they’ll take it into consideration!

• Any idea if the virus lockdown will be closing upcoming Quantico classes? Just passed the poly and medical stage this month. Waiting on BI to start

Comment

• big_bob_69
          big_bob_69 commented
          Editing a comment
          I wouldn’t count on making it to Quantico any time soon. FLETC sent everyone home and canceled classes for the foreseeable future. I’m sure it’s the same with the FBI.

• bondman007
          bondman007 commented
          Editing a comment
          Got an email this morning saying May class is still happening... As of right now. But a final call will be made mid April

• Wow I’m surprised they will still be pushing May. Hope they do for you! If you don’t mind me asking, how long did your BI take?

Comment

• bondman007
          bondman007 commented
          Editing a comment
          Took my poly early July, but didn't hear that references and bosses were getting contacted until December

• The current class was cancelled today and students sent home. The May class will be pushed back accordingly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bliskin View Post
          The current class was cancelled today and students sent home. The May class will be pushed back accordingly.
          Sounds like it will definitely push it back at least one class cycle. I hope this isn’t a hiring freeze in the future, that’s what has me panicking after getting this far.

Comment

• The FBI let a YouTube show (Challenge Accepted) into the academy. Should be an interesting glimpse into what the academy is like. The episode is supposed to drop on March 29.

youtube.com/lilogirl2000

Comment

• I wouldn’t count on anything happening the rest of the year.

Comment

• Trooper33
              Trooper33 commented
              Editing a comment
              Did you not get the email from the FBI HQ staying that they are “continuing to process special agent applications”? The next 2 months interviews are being conducted as well as PFTs. Don’t rule anything out.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7626 users online. 435 members and 7191 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X