Comment

• chipperjones
      chipperjones commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice, congrats! mind posting your timeline? I'm in backgrounds right now

• Radio Raheem
      Radio Raheem commented
      Editing a comment
      @chipperjones: If you pass your background, you are pretty much in there like swimwear. The FBI doesn't mess around and let you hang there for years after your approval for hire like most other agencies. They realize that letting applicants sit for years is a waste of money. You are in the home stretch. Get ready!

• chipperjones
      chipperjones commented
      Editing a comment
      One can only hope...

• Decided to dust off my account on here after re-opening my app with the Bureau a few weeks ago (I failed phase 2 back in 2017). I'm processing out of the DC FO now and apparently they are one of the offices who schedule the PFT before phase 2. I was rated " competitive" and will get an invite to the writing test/panel barring I pass the PFT, which I have scheduled for 30 July down at Quantico. Anyone have any experience processing out of DC--how quick the process moves, etc? I'm apparently skipping the M&G this time around (I'm assuming since I was never invited to it) and missed any information they may have given about that kind of stuff.
    Last edited by Helo189; 07-09-2019, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• Do we know which offices are doing the new process? I've heard Detroit and DC. Anyone know about Cincinnati? I'd love to get the PFT done ASAP. Does that number on the self assessment mean anything? I put legit numbers from an administered PFT and they reduce it so it looks like I can barely pass (22 without adding pullups - their number "15"). Very concerning since I'd love to get a tactical recruitment. Or is that up for discussion at the Meet & Greet?

Comment

• How long does it take to hear about a Meet & Greet? Last time around I was invited to the next meeting within a couple of days - I've been stagnate for over a week now, and no one has reached out from my local office yet. They have a new team since I processed in 2017 - should I reach out, or just wait it out? I don't want to pester them as I know they are very busy.

Comment

• Lovetocamp
          Lovetocamp commented
          Editing a comment
          Wait it out, I'm in the same boat. Took about 2 weeks, but he got scheduled for a PT test then the Meet and Greet. He's waiting on his phase II interview now.

• Wojo8
          Wojo8 commented
          Editing a comment
          Finally got it scheduled. Took just about 2 weeks to hear from them. It’s very helpful knowing the rough timeline of others so I don’t stress when I don’t hear back in a few days!

• I'm not sure if anyone still posting here will be able to answer this question, but I thought I would ask. Does anyone know if the FBI still has you make out your preference list by listing out all 56 field offices from 1 to 56? It always seemed a little overwhelming to do it this way and I'm hoping they now allow you to submit a condenced list based on real availability - to include resident agency offices, but if you know the answer I would greatly appreciate it.

Comment

• Mtn hkr
          Mtn hkr commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m not 100% sure on that, but I think he said it’s just the field office. You basically just pick the area you want to be knowing that if could be an RA you actually get.

• Wojo8
          Wojo8 commented
          Editing a comment
          Sounds good to me! I'd prefer to get an actual field office to start, but wouldn't complain about any assignment I was given.

• Radio Raheem
          Radio Raheem commented
          Editing a comment
          Wojo8 May you turn on your PMs.

• Wojo8
          Wojo8 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think it’s on now

• [message deleted]
        Last edited by FishStix; 08-14-2019, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• Wojo8
          Wojo8 commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm working on my list. It is just most agencies don't make you do such a large list anymore. DEA was 3-7 choices from a list of current availability - 3 had to be Main FO and the other 4 could be other FO or RAs. That was difficult, but not daunting. I think this is just one of things the FBI has always done, so they don't want to change it, but going all the way out to 56 is a little silly imo. Especially when they are saying the top 5 are almost guaranteed. I just like to gather as much information on areas, so it is very time consuming to rank 56 based on income, cost of living, housing availability, commute, etc.

• Just scheduled the meet & greet. The morning starts with a PFT demo and practice run (not graded). They say this portion is optional - but if you’re invited to do something you should try. Nothing is really optional with these types of things. I’m beyond ready for the real thing, but even if I weren’t, I know that they are still looking for those who will get out there and try. Speaks to a person’s desire, willingness, and overall character to show up and do it even if they aren’t sure they will do well. I don’t know yet when the first graded one happens out of my processing office, but I will update when I know.

Comment

• Burt Macklin
          Burt Macklin commented
          Editing a comment
          Wojo8 you run at the beginning of your M&G? 1.5 miles? What's the dress code? Do you do the rest of your M&G in shorts and shirts?

• Burt Macklin They are having us meet somewhere first - not the FBI office. I don't have that info yet, but we are to show up in PFT clothes. After we do the demo/practice, we go to the field office where we will be offered time to shower and change into our suits. Then the Meet & Greet interview and review takes place. They are giving us about an hour to get ourselves put together for the Meet & Greet.

Comment

• Anyone had any progress? I'm still waiting on my competitive rating...

Comment

• Anyone hear anything on the next class? anyone get any info on being adjudicated or anything like that?

Comment

• Does anyone know if FBI removed the policy about only giving "two lifetime" chances at Phase I? Tried to google but couldn't find it and it wasn't on their Special Agent Selection Process guide either.

I had last taken the test in 2015 when they said this policy in their SA selection process guide.

Comment

• chipperjones
                chipperjones commented
                Editing a comment
                I had failed the phase 1 test twice back in like 2012 and 2013 I think? Then I got an email in 2017 saying that they changed the test and I was able to reapply, I did and am now in the process. I'm not sure when they did it, but if I were you I would apply, if you are ineligible then they will tell you right away. They wont wait till you are through the process to say "oh no wait you failed already". Just apply and they will let you know.

• dark321
                dark321 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks.. will apply and see where it goes.

Did you use a LSAT prep textbook to study for it? That logical reasoning is what messed me up last time.

• chipperjones
                chipperjones commented
                Editing a comment
                I used jobtestprep.com... I had like 3 SA exams at one time and they were all kind of similar, so I used that and passed them all. it worked well for me. I told a friend about it a few months back, but it had gotten expensive, I think when I did it it was like maybe $20 for 3 months or something like that? IDK, GL. for whatit's worth, I thought the other test was easier and I failed that, but thought this one was harder, but I passed,lol.

• Sorry to double post, but question regarding the M&G. I was told to update my resume to include their 6 core competencies. For those that did this, how did you do this? Did you add another page with the core competencies and give an example or did you include them within your listed work experience / volunteer, etc? I thought about doing the latter, but the core competencies video says to write 6-8 sentences for each. Going to assume it's better to do a separate page..?

Comment

• triniboy05
                triniboy05 commented
                Editing a comment
                (message deleted)
                Last edited by triniboy05; 11-30-2019, 01:00 AM.

• Can anybody that works for FBI or knows anybody that works there state what’s the family life like as a special agent? Is it as bad as the secret service? Because I’ve heard you’re NEVER home with them. I don’t want my wife to have to raise kids by herself. So just wanted to know what the family life is like pertaining to the job. Any helpful information will be appreciated!

Comment

• Anyone know why HQ would have a hold on your status during adjudication?

Comment

• Any advice on the phase 1 assessment? I take the test the 23rd. I’ve been reviewing the packet with the sample questions but is there anything else out there?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12394 users online. 232 members and 12162 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X