Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So i'm currently in the BI phase, just trying to get a read on experiences because I ETS from Active Duty in June and well... i kinda like to have a plan lol. Is there a consensus on the forum about how long BI's are taking or is it one of those "it depends" sort of situations. I already have a TS/SCI/SAR but i know the FBI does not accept DoD clearances. Additionally, i passed polly and Medical but got an email and had to write a statement about alcohol use a few weeks after medical, not sure what the Doc put down but I'm not a heavy drinker by any means; and a saint compared to most of the DoD lol. Anyway, any words of wisdom would be helpful.

And for conversations sake since this thread seems dead.. i'm hoping to make it to the July class, anyone already have a slot for that one??

Comment

• FNG41YR
      FNG41YR commented
      Editing a comment
      Check your PM bro

• Originally posted by Gollywompas View Post
    So i'm currently in the BI phase, just trying to get a read on experiences because I ETS from Active Duty in June and well... i kinda like to have a plan lol. Is there a consensus on the forum about how long BI's are taking or is it one of those "it depends" sort of situations. I already have a TS/SCI/SAR but i know the FBI does not accept DoD clearances. Additionally, i passed polly and Medical but got an email and had to write a statement about alcohol use a few weeks after medical, not sure what the Doc put down but I'm not a heavy drinker by any means; and a saint compared to most of the DoD lol. Anyway, any words of wisdom would be helpful.

And for conversations sake since this thread seems dead.. i'm hoping to make it to the July class, anyone already have a slot for that one??

Are you sure FBI won't take your DoD clearance? Will they start the background investigation from the beginning or will they just pick up where your last background investigation completed?

Background investigations depends on a number of factors. How responsive are the people you listed as references on your SF-86, how quick does the investigator and adjudicator move through your file, how responsive are you when the investigator asks for followup information, how many different places have you lived in past 10 years, etc...
    Last edited by titoCA321; 03-02-2019, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• Gollywompas
      Gollywompas commented
      Editing a comment
      thanks for the input! i'm as sure as I can be, when i brought it up with my AC she said they don't accept other clearances. My rational is that they use the process to also conduct your Agent Suitability Investigation. For instance, my current agency lets OPM, or what ever contract agency OPM hires, handle the TS clearance investigation but Agents go out and talk to references in the same fashion to make sure you are Special Agent material... just my best guess as to why FBI needs to re-do my background.. My 5 year re-investigation for TS just wrapped up literally 2 months before FBI initiated theirs.. so some of my references will be talked to again for the same thing lol

• Originally posted by Gollywompas

thanks for the input! i'm as sure as I can be, when i brought it up with my AC she said they don't accept other clearances. My rational is that they use the process to also conduct your Agent Suitability Investigation. For instance, my current agency lets OPM, or what ever contract agency OPM hires, handle the TS clearance investigation but Agents go out and talk to references in the same fashion to make sure you are Special Agent material... just my best guess as to why FBI needs to re-do my background.. My 5 year re-investigation for TS just wrapped up literally 2 months before FBI initiated theirs.. so some of my references will be talked to again for the same thing lol.
    It really depends, sometimes it can go as fast as a few weeks. In rare cases it may take as long as 18 months. Sometimes DoD can be the one that's holding things up.

Comment

• Hey everyone, I recently received word that I'll be participating in my Phase II interview on March 19th. I'm excited for that, but more importantly, I'm a little nervous about the fitness test. I have a few questions for those who have taken and passed it:

1. Is the sit-up form with hands behind the head or across the chest? I'm finding a lot of conflicting information on this.

2. What's the best way to train for the cardio portion? Obviously I want to continue running but I think I might have some gnarly shin splints right now.

3. Any suggestions on what to eat the day before and the day of the physical? Also: caffeine, yay or nay?

Thanks for your help, folks

Comment

• Levithane
        Levithane commented
        Editing a comment
        Cycling is good for cardio, and Row machines (if your gym has them). FBI is across the chest for sit ups if I recall correctly.

• CC1014
        CC1014 commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations on the Phase 2 interview date. I hope it goes well for you. I'm going March 14th for my Phase 2 interview.

1. The sit up protocol calls for your arms to be across the chest (fingers past your clavicle).
        2. To avoid shin splints I have incorporated interval training and biking into my cardio routine, it has helped. While I'm not the best runner (I do bodybuilding), the training has helped.
        3. Eat a light but filling dinner the day before and I was told by IFG coordinators to stay away from caffeine.

• gdp0530
        gdp0530 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the quick responses, guys! I've been babying my shin splints by supplementing running with elliptical work, so I suppose the next thing to do is to try out the exercise bike. Sadly there are no rowing machines at my local gym.

I totally feel you on not being the best runner--I prefer to lift weights as well. Running has been a bit tricky for me to get back into as I usually just did a short distance jog to warm up before lifting. I'll definitely avoid caffeine for the occasion if it is going to hinder my progress

• Hey everyone, I will be taking the Phase II Panel Interview scheduled for 03/14/2019. If I pass Phase II, my PT test is scheduled for 03/27/2019. I've been preparing like crazy for the panel interview, so hopefully it all goes well. A big thanks to all you guys who have given advice.

Comment

• I completed the interview yesterday, didn't leave feeling the best. I'm wondering if this is a regular feeling that people have leaving the Phase II interview...

Comment

• Gollywompas
          Gollywompas commented
          Editing a comment
          you show me someone who leaves phase 2 with zero doubts and I will show you a liar... most of us thought we tanked it... totally normal. FBI phase 2 was my third interview panel and I honestly left all 3 thinking I could have done better and not sure if I was going to get the pass or not.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6666 users online. 325 members and 6341 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X