Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who lets you know your ranking? Is it your AC or do you get a generic email from HR?

Comment

• Lone-ranger
      Lone-ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      Generic email from HR. Have you done Meet & Greet? The email typically comes about a month before Phase 2 depending on the timing.

• tpearce71
      tpearce71 commented
      Editing a comment
      yea I did the meet and greet two weeks ago...I noticed the time stamp on the website changed but nothing else.

• Believe emails are going out. Moving on to Phase 2

Comment

• I am hoping someone can clarify this for me. After clicking on the my submissions tab on the application website, there is no link to click under "resumes" to actually upload my resume. There is however a link to upload under "cover letters and attachments". Do I upload under cover letters and attachments or should there be a link under the resume tab?

Comment

• Assad
        Assad commented
        Editing a comment
        Seeing the same issue as well. When I initially applied, I had included my resume in my application. However, it does not show up under my profile. But since its on file already and I've physically handed it in during the Meet and Greet, I let it go.

• chipperjones
        chipperjones commented
        Editing a comment
        I asked about this as well, do it there and label it resume under "other"

• I just took my test today and instantly received an email stating I had passed. Awesome

Comment

• Hey guys, just wondering if I should try contacting my local office. Passed the test in March and was told that I should hear something "within the next few weeks" regarding the meet and greet. I'm thinking they pushed a lot of people through and are waiting for new Phase II candidates. I'm curious if anyone was in the same boat.

Comment

• Lone-ranger
          Lone-ranger commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, reach out to your Applicant Coordinator and inquire about upcoming Meet & Greet sessions.

• Took the Phase 1 and passed. Received an email that I would be contacted soon for the Meet and Greet. What can I expect from this? I'm hearing mixed things that it's an informal session that just states the SA process and people move on automatically to Phase 2, and some are saying they are being ranked if there competitive enough to advance to Phase 2?

Comment

• Camelbak
          Camelbak commented
          Editing a comment
          It depends on the office you process out of. It’s informal-ish, but still come in a full suit. You meet your Applicant Coordinator (AC) they are your point of contact through the rest of the process. The AC mainly goes over what to expect for the rest of the process. After that a few agents took us separately and looked over our applications and resume. They asked me a few questions (a somewhat informal interview). They would also recommend if anything needs fixing in your package. If everything looks good your package goes to HQ and they are the ones to rate you and decide if you move on to phase 2.

• Moving onto P2, received notification today of MC. Fingers crossed and focus on PFT.

Comment

• Lone-ranger
          Lone-ranger commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats on making Ph 2. Follow the instructions given by your AC and you’ll be fine.

• This came to my inbox today

Dear Special Agent Candidate,

We want to let you know that the current FBI Special Agent job posting will close on October 24, 2018 and a new posting will open on October 25, 2018. Once the existing posting closes, you will not be able to submit your current application. If you have a draft application in progress, we encourage you to complete and submit the application by October 23, 2018. On or after October 25, all applicants will be required to complete a new application.

There has never been a better time to begin your career with our nation's premiere Law Enforcement and National Security Agency. We are hoping to hire 900 new Special Agents next year and we'd like you to be included in that group!

We know that one of the challenges for some applicants is the FBI's Physical Fitness Test (PFT). However, with a little training you can pass it! To help you on your journey, we have developed an app called FBI FitTest, which provides video instruction on proper form and technique to prepare for the PFT. The app uses your smartphone's accelerometer and GPS to help you score your own PFT self-assessment. You can download the free app on your smartphone, from Apple's App Store or from Google Play.

Once you can take the test, you can return to your application on FBIJobs.govto enter your results and submit your application. (Note: When the new posting goes live on October 25th you will be able to submit your application without entering a passing score on the self-PFT.) But, keep training, because if accepted, you will need to pass the PFT soon!

Comment

• Yeah, I know some people that have been having problems with the PFT. Mines next week, but I should be fine.

They are serious about proper form and will dock you points in sit-ups and push-ups. Plus you only get five minutes in between each event. So you need to work on your recovery and you should do fine.

Comment

• Anyone from the forum going up on the 28th for Phase 2?

Comment

• Lone-ranger
              Lone-ranger commented
              Editing a comment
              Congrats on making Ph 2. Follow the instructions given by your AC and you’ll be fine.

• I hope everyone is doing well! I'm going to the meet-n-greet on Monday to talk with everyone and see what goes on from there. Now, my real concern is this: the fitness test. I'm training for it but I'm a little confused on the form required for the sit-ups.

The FBI video on YouTube says that the proper form requires that hands are interlocked behind the head, but the fitness app says that it requires arms to be criss-crossed in the front. What gives? I don't want to train for one to discover that they're going to test using another. Thanks in advance!

Comment

• Lone-ranger
              Lone-ranger commented
              Editing a comment
              There’s a YouTube video for the new protocol. Search new FBI sit-up protocol and it’ll come up.

• gdp0530
              gdp0530 commented
              Editing a comment
              Great! I appreciate it

• The new protocol on the app is correct. They just haven’t updated the YouTube videos yet. The change just occurred in FY19.

Comment

• Few days after I applied, got a rejection email for a multitude of reasons. Most if not all were incorrect.

application is still pending review on website.

Similar experiences?

Comment

• I received an email to schedule the Interview portion of Phase II yesterday. I attempted to schedule the date, but there were no time slots to select. I inquired to see if HQ was aware of any problems and have heard nothing back. So Im just sitting here hoping I'm not going to be left out in the cold. Lol.
                FBI
                applied-09/30/18
                phase 1 test-10/22/18
                meet and greet-11/06/18
                judged competitive-11/14/18
                Phase 2 written-12/8/18

ATF
                applied-11/02/17
                Entry test-03/04/18
                PTT-07/13/18
                Interview-11/15/18

Comment

• Lone-ranger
                  Lone-ranger commented
                  Editing a comment
                  So, Phase 2 is now broken up into two pieces....written and interview held on different days?

• CC1014
                  CC1014 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, Phase 2 is now broken up into two parts.

• Hi all. Long time lurker here. Just applied the other day and was wondering how competitive I would be in the process. 26 years old with a Business bachelor's degree with a 3.81 GPA and 2.5 years as a Career FF/EMT no military nor prior LEO experience. Worried I may not be qualified but decided to give it a shot

Comment

• Gollywompas
                  Gollywompas commented
                  Editing a comment
                  you'll just have to wait and see what they come back with...it seems that what the FBI is looking for is a diverse pool of candidates so you never know how your background will stack up. I can say that when I went up for my phase 2 there were about 20 of us and I believe only 4 or 5 had prior LE/MIL....one candidate was a scientist, a few accountants and a bunch of lawyers.

• CTCandidate
                  CTCandidate commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for the reply man. I appreciate it. Excited to see where it goes

• Gollywompas
                  Gollywompas commented
                  Editing a comment
                  np, best of luck!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11919 users online. 399 members and 11520 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X