Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New FBI SA posting

Hey guys,

Just found out that FBI will be posting a job announcement for special agents:

http://www.fbijobs.gov/032.asp

Thought I'd let you know.

I have 105 of a 120 sh required for my degree. I should finish in the spring. I wonder if I should apply anyway?
    AFOSI
    Applied 01/08/12

Comment

Sah-wheet!

Comment

Originally posted by sailor-guy View Post
        Sah-wheet!
        You still Navy sailor guy? I have been waiting since I got my degree in December

I don't know the answer to the degree question, I suppose you have to read the announcement before you know for sure.

Comment

I got out a few years ago to get my degree. The job announcement is already on USA jobs if you want to check it out.

Comment

Sounds like my story as well. The announcement is from 2009 I believe, since this one has yet to be posted, shipmate (couldn't resist)

Comment

IF you go to the FBI's website and click apply it will have you enter your zip code. Then it will take you to the upcoming announcement, shipmate.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasJ View Post
                I have 105 of a 120 sh required for my degree. I should finish in the spring. I wonder if I should apply anyway?
                i've spoken with a recruiter before, and they said don't even bother. you can call yourself and confirm, but that was the guidance i was given when i called last year when i was in your position.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesjefferson View Post
                  i've spoken with a recruiter before, and they said don't even bother. you can call yourself and confirm, but that was the guidance i was given when i called last year when i was in your position.
                  This what I was told as well. I graduated last December and have had to wait for this upcoming announcement. I was only 1 month from graduating when I wanted to apply and the recruiter told me to not even bother.

Comment

This is the first time I will have a chance to apply for FBI SA as well. The announcement seems to be up, but cannot apply for it yet. I notice starting salary for the academy is $57k a year? That's the highest starting salary I have seen for entry level jobs?

Comment

Its not an entry level job, hence the reason for the "3 years of professional work experience" requirement.
                      Pay is slightly higher because all agents start out as GS-10, Step 1 employees. Many people actually take pay cuts to become agents.

Comment

i dont see it on usajobs

Comment

cd124, that makes sense; still didn't think that starting salary was that high.

And it should be on usajobs tomorrow, according to the fbiwebsite notice.

Comment

Does anyone know why this postings timeframe is so long? Does this mean, like other postings, that they wait until the cut off date of Sept. 23 to begin the process of reviewing applications? OR do they look at applications as they come in?

Thanks in advance all! Good Luck

Comment

Is applying under the FBI’s diversified category a complete long shot? I plan on applying regardless but wanted to know if anyone has any insight.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11047 users online. 465 members and 10582 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X