300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FedLaw View Post
    Adderall isn't an illegal drug. Granted, you shouldn't be popping pills without a script, but if the question reads exactly how you stated it, then you haven't taken anything illegal.
    Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
    If you want to lawyer it, you've taken a prescription drug illegally but have not taken an illegal drug.
    Literally the best two responses on here, IMHO poly's are a complete joke. For one, if you're asking this question you're probably one of those people that are going to struggle on the poly anyways. No offense, I did too, although I passed it, it wasn't without a lot of questions on my end having them clear up the questions they were going to ask me...only infuriating the agent. Can't do everything man...

Comment

The legality has to do with possession, no so much the substance. He committed a crime by accepting and taking a prescription drug which was no prescribed to him, as stupid as it sounds. I would honestly wait until your 36 months has passed and apply again, failing a background for drug use will haunt you when you're trying to get on with a department, especially in times like these.

Comment

Go ahead and tell them and see where that gets you lol!

Comment

When I applied to a large PD the background Detective asked the same question. Told me that it wasn't a big deal if I took a prescription pill meant for someone else as long as it only happened once or twice and it was used for its intended purpose. The example he used was taking a prescription sleeping pill that was prescribed to your significant other because you couldn't fall asleep. I was a bit surprised by it, but thats what he said. And no, there wasn't any indication that he was trying to fool me into admitting to taking a drug illegally.

My advice....admit to it. Worst case, they say no, and you wait. Now, if you snorted or grounded it up and smoked it....that might cause problems.
          Last edited by Cyber_Saint; 07-24-2011, 12:31 AM.

Comment

I agree with DDixon1000 - but here's my spin - go ahead and tell them about the Adderall and let them paint a picture of you. You may not like what they paint though. Their possible self righteous, characterization of you may also be false....Just some food for thought - even if there's a polygraph involved think before you start confessin' up stuff...Don't stress over one damn pill or ten pills. If that's all you've got to hide then relax! Are you a chemist/biologist - can you swear that the pill was what you simply thought it was?? Remember - you can be too honest for your own good. Best of luck -
            Last edited by Blake82; 08-18-2011, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Better to be temporarily DQ'd for the drug than permanetly DQ'd for lying.
              Today's Quote:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
              Albert Einstein

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6993 users online. 246 members and 6747 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X