300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a disqualifier?

In November of 2009 I took 1 of my friends adderall pills during exam week. One of the minimum qualifications is no illegal drugs in past 36 months. Will I be disqualified?

The best advice I can give you is to be honest on your application, the rest is outside of your control.

If you get disqualified, so be it. Brush yourself off and go out there and better yourself (military, grad school, etc.) so that the next time you apply you will be an even stronger candidate.

Will this disqualify you? I can't answer that and I doubt anyone else on here can unless they are directly involved in the hiring process at the agency you are applying to.

Comment

Originally posted by jboslaug View Post
      In November of 2009 I took 1 of my friends adderall pills during exam week. One of the minimum qualifications is no illegal drugs in past 36 months. Will I be disqualified?
      Depends......I would say yes though......give it until December 2012......
      The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

oh man... really?
        Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Adderall isn't an illegal drug. Granted, you shouldn't be popping pills without a script, but if the question reads exactly how you stated it, then you haven't taken anything illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by FedLaw View Post
            Adderall isn't an illegal drug. Granted, you shouldn't be popping pills without a script, but if the question reads exactly how you stated it, then you haven't taken anything illegal.
            Except that by taking his friends prescription, then he has committed a felony in some states.

Adderall is a Schedule II drug....FELONY to possess without a prescription
            The posts on this forum by this poster are of his personal opinion, and his personal opinion alone

"Politicians are like diapers. They need to be changed often and for the same reason"

"We fight not for glory; nor for wealth; nor honor, but only and alone we fight for freedom, which no good man surrenders but with his life"

Comment

That's why this question is kind of a wobbler IMHO. Is taking Adderall without a script illegal? Technically yes. I believe a lot of prescription drugs are schedule 2, and maybe even schedule 1 drugs.

However, I have seen agencies take the whole person approach when dealing with a similar issue. I think there is a difference between taking an adderall pill during finals and crushing up vicodin pills and mixing it with scotch. That's just my opinion though. Will the agency the OP is applying to see it that way? Who knows.

Comment

Dude, you're in the Bay Area, they'll ask if you've ever smoked dope, you'll say "No" and they'll say, "Hey, that's okay, share some of ours!"

Seriously, though, more than the Adderall issue is the problem that the Rx was someone else's. I know that particular question is asked many, many places.
                "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieth M. View Post
                  Dude, you're in the Bay Area, they'll ask if you've ever smoked dope, you'll say "No" and they'll say, "Hey, that's okay, share some of ours!"

Seriously, though, more than the Adderall issue is the problem that the Rx was someone else's. I know that particular question is asked many, many places.
                  HaHa, well said. It was quite the culture shock when I transferred to this field office.

Comment

Originally posted by jboslaug View Post
                    Today is 19 July 2011. If you do the math, 36 months from November 2009 is November 2012. Doesn't take a mathematician to answer your question. Yes, you would be disqualified until at least November 2012.
                    sigpic

Comment

for the FBI...yes
                      "Sometimes there is Justice and sometimes there is Just Us"

Comment

Originally posted by FriscoFed View Post
                        The best advice I can give you is to be honest on your application, the rest is outside of your control.

If you get disqualified, so be it. Brush yourself off and go out there and better yourself (military, grad school, etc.) so that the next time you apply you will be an even stronger candidate.

Will this disqualify you? I can't answer that and I doubt anyone else on here can unless they are directly involved in the hiring process at the agency you are applying to.
                        Listen to this advice. It is by far the best and I echo what he said.

Comment

If you want to lawyer it, you've taken a prescription drug illegally but have not taken an illegal drug.
                          "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by Kimble View Post
                            Today is 19 July 2011. If you do the math, 36 months from November 2009 is November 2012. Doesn't take a mathematician to answer your question. Yes, you would be disqualified until at least November 2012.
                            Should have "borrowed" another Adderall prior to his post!

Comment

If you go to the website of the agency you want to apply, it may have the history questionnaire and DQ list on there. I think Frisco said it best.....usually one of the bigger issues is that you took a med on someone else's script. But start by checking out the agency's site, it may have that information on it or not. If it doesn't, it will be in the application paperwork I'm sure.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5391 users online. 311 members and 5080 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X