Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 ICE/HSI Announcemnet Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Brightshape View Post
    Respectfully, that is not correct. ICE does interview bracketing by test score/self assessment score (or has in the very recent past). Many Veterans from the 2009 process that say, scored an 85, and received 5 to 10 points of Veteran's preference on their test score; 90-95, were moved ahead into the 1st bracket of interviews which secures the advantage of being condsidered first above other applicants and securing a position the soonest while posted positions are/were still available.

    Further, if you are a VRA applicant then you have received, obviously, preference and the advantage of having a specific hiring process for Veterans only. This also allows "sooner" consideration for the position over all others.
    Bottom line: Vet points did not make a difference in the VRA announcement, although one could argue that it made it possible for someone to even apply to the opening.

    I am a March VRA applicant, scored a 95.6 on the written test without Vet points (100.6 with), however an applicant who scored a 75 and clears Med/Drug/BI before me will get called first for an academy spot.

    I understand a couple years ago they were bracketing/interviewing applicants by test scores, but that was simply not the case for the March VRA folks. What they will come up with for the June announcement remains to be seen.

    Best of luck!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Kermie82 View Post
      Did he say when he cleared to EOD?
      I would have to guess mid to late Nov 2011, since there are folks who cleared end of Nov that haven't received the call yet. Then again he was 2009 VRA, and last I heard DSC were trying to get those folks to the academy first.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by lowfatblueberryogurt View Post
        I would have to guess mid to late Nov 2011, since there are folks who cleared end of Nov that haven't received the call yet. Then again he was 2009 VRA, and last I heard DSC were trying to get those folks to the academy first.
        If he was a 2009 VRA then he could have cleared last week and got the call. DSC told me that they were "putting 2009 VRA on the top of the list", so I guess his EOD clearance date doesn't really matter.
        Last edited by Kermie82; 01-28-2012, 08:19 AM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by lowfatblueberryogurt View Post
          Bottom line: Vet points did not make a difference in the VRA announcement, although one could argue that it made it possible for someone to even apply to the opening.

          I am a March VRA applicant, scored a 95.6 on the written test without Vet points (100.6 with), however an applicant who scored a 75 and clears Med/Drug/BI before me will get called first for an academy spot.


          Best of luck!
          Why would they make a difference in a "Veteran's Only Announement"? Sort of redundant.

          One could not argue that it did make it possible, it is a FACT here on earth that if you were a qualifying Veteran, you were allowed to apply for the VRA announcement. That, in and of itself, is Veteran's preference my friend.

          Enjoy it and best of luck to you as well.
          Last edited by Brightshape; 01-28-2012, 12:42 PM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Brightshape View Post
            Why would they make a difference in a "Veteran's Only Announement"? Sort of redundant.

            One could not argue that it did make it possible, it is a FACT here on earth that if you were a qualifying Veteran, you were allowed to apply for the VRA announcement. That, in and of itself, is Veteran's preference my friend.

            Enjoy it and best of luck to you as well.
            I was responding to your 'bracketing scores in the very recent past' post and how 'vet points has helped an applicant get called sooner for an interview'. This has simply not been the case with the recent process, both VRA and open announcement.

            All applicants who passed the written test were interviewed in early OCT (for VRA) and NOV/DEC (for open announcement), during the same timeframe regardless of test scores/vet points.

            As far as EOD dates, all VRA applicants are being called in the order of clearing BI/Drug/Med, again regardless of test score/vet points, with the exception of the few holdovers from the 2009 process. Like I posted before (the section you deleted from my quote), what will happen with the open announcement folks remains to be seen.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by VSF_IA View Post
              I can tell you that the original NOR sent after the self-assessment did include veterans preference points. When the cut-off scores by region were released, however, the veterans points were not included when determining whether or not a given individual would move on to testing. This I know from personal experience and correspondence with DSC. Whether you or anyone else chooses to believe me or anyone else who posts on this or any "other forums" is beyond my control.

              The points appeared again on the NOR for test scores. As I said before, however, adding points to this score offered no real advantage to veterans as all you had to do was get a passing score to move on to interview. So, while the points were indeed added (thereby complying with 5 USC 3309), I'm not certain that satisfies the legislative intent behind the Veterans Preference Act of 1944.
              +1

              Comment


              • Originally posted by lowfatblueberryogurt View Post
                This has simply not been the case with the recent process, both VRA and open announcement.
                I delete only the noise dude.

                I'll say it again, only because I must, Vet points are redundant in a Vet only announcement which is why DSC is not applying them for bracketing purposes. C'mon man....DSC ONLY brackets in general announcements when non-Vets are included. Your all Vets, there's no need.

                On the recent process, 92 and above IS the first, and only, bracket; or why would DSC go the effort to define a score. Again, C'mon man.......

                They applied Vet's points in the open announcement, just not to some applicant's liking. Fair enough.

                Further, on a page or two back, you'll see your repeating what I've already said; the list has always been first come, first serve with regards to Med/BI/Drug. Bracketing Vets/Non-Vets only counts towards the test and/or Interview.

                Please, for the sake of the thread, let's let it go.
                Last edited by Brightshape; 01-28-2012, 04:35 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Brightshape View Post
                  Please, for the sake of the thread, let's let it go.
                  Amen
                  USMS
                  Applied - Sep 09'
                  Cleared - Dec 10'
                  FCIP dropped - Feb 11'

                  HSI VRA
                  Cleared to EOD - 1/12/2012
                  Call-???

                  Comment


                  • Current EOD list is as follows:

                    FlashTACP: 11/28/2011
                    lowfatblueberryogurt: 12/28/2011(approx)
                    Kermie82: 01/04/2012(approx)
                    Fanhood: 01/04/2012(approx)
                    cb79er: 01/11/2012
                    Del168: 01/12/2012
                    RUMotarded: 01/04/2012
                    Information Session - Denver, 21 May 2009
                    Interview - Washington D.C., 1 Sep 2009
                    Conditional Offer - 13 Nov 2009
                    Background - 20 Nov 2009 / Cleared 20 Mar 2010
                    Medical - 23 Dec 2009 / Cleared 5 Jan 2010
                    Drug Test - 5 Jan 2010
                    FIT - 5 June 2010, 2 Dec 2010, 15 Jan 2011
                    FLETC -
                    March 1, 2011

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by RUMotarded View Post
                      Current EOD list is as follows:

                      FlashTACP: 11/28/2011
                      lowfatblueberryogurt: 12/28/2011(approx)
                      Kermie82: 01/04/2012(approx)
                      Fanhood: 01/04/2012(approx)
                      cb79er: 01/11/2012
                      Del168: 01/12/2012
                      RUMotarded: 01/04/2012
                      Looks like several of us got caught up in Medical's Holiday logjam.

                      Comment


                      • Good luck folks, let's see some movement this week!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Metro2 View Post
                          Good luck folks, let's see some movement this week!
                          Hopefully so. I know everyone comes on here and gripes about them but you have to give it up for the DSC. They are doing VRA stuff, scheduling classes, dealing with us open announcement folks, dealing with the lateral announcement and still managing to get everything set up in a decent time frame. I also understand that they have been answering y'alls questions pretty quick too.

                          Comment


                          • I am going to say 2 more weeks before March class calls. Come on Dallas SAC...

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by FlashTACP View Post
                              I am going to say 2 more weeks before March class calls. Come on Dallas SAC...
                              Agreed Flash.

                              I am content with getting in the April class, but will be pleasantly surprised if I get into the March class.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BamaBullets View Post
                                Hopefully so. I know everyone comes on here and gripes about them but you have to give it up for the DSC. They are doing VRA stuff, scheduling classes, dealing with us open announcement folks, dealing with the lateral announcement and still managing to get everything set up in a decent time frame. I also understand that they have been answering y'alls questions pretty quick too.
                                Couldn't agree more. I've had a much nicer experience dealing with the staff at DSC compared to other agencies HR.
                                USMS
                                Applied - Sep 09'
                                Cleared - Dec 10'
                                FCIP dropped - Feb 11'

                                HSI VRA
                                Cleared to EOD - 1/12/2012
                                Call-???

                                Comment

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 5904 users online. 206 members and 5698 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Working...
                                X