Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 ICE/HSI Announcemnet Thread

Take # 2 on this thread....

Its a shame but the first one got deleted and merged into the other ICE thread as some people felt the need to cry to the mods about another thread being started. Really, who cares? If you don't like it then don't read this one. This is a forum and people can open a new thread if they wish. If people who shoot at the police can get away with it on a full blown jury trial then people can post a new thread about jobs in this country. I hated looking at the other ICE thread with is 500+ pages, even prior to its current state of meaningless crap... I may have added a crap post or two in the other thread myself but whatever...

This thread is for the 2011 Announcement for people who want to post and share info about the 2011 process. I will personally not be opening the other thread ever again (yea its my prerogative and I'm not crying about anything, just stating a fact). So if there are people like myself who wish to speak about the 2011 test and process feel free to post here...

As of now I have nothing worth while to report. Still standing by to standby.

Cheers...
    sigpic

Good idea. I'm with you. Hopefully we can keep this one open....

Comment

Originally posted by tsfl89 View Post
      Good idea. I'm with you. Hopefully we can keep this one open....
      I agree 100%.

Comment

+1. Either the new announcement needs a new thread or the moderators need to get the old one under control. Lately it has been an occasional nugget of information buried under a lot of name calling and flaming.

Comment

+2.

What is going on in the other thread is very unprofessional. I have nothing new to report either but hopefully will sometime soon. I didn't score that high (85) so I'm anxious to hear something.

Comment

Originally posted by JF30 View Post
            +2.

What is going on in the other thread is very unprofessional. I have nothing new to report either but hopefully will sometime soon. I didn't score that high (85) so I'm anxious to hear something.
            +3

Seems to be the same people bickering across multiple boards, often about the same thing (who has more street time/cred, knows more SACs, etc) Glad a new thread was started but sorry that a once-resourceful thread went downhill, really fast.

I am one of the March VRA applicants, took the test last month and still waiting to hear back on the results.

Good luck to all!

Comment

Have any non-VRA applicants received notice about a test date?
              Last edited by SHU; 07-18-2011, 11:21 AM. Reason: k

Comment

I agree that the discussions have been ridiculous lately, but unfortunately if you look through the 500+ pages, it's a cycle. It's nothing new. Although, the 500+ pages have good info., only problem is sorting through to find it not to mention that some of the info. isn't as useful now that the process has changed a bit. Good luck to us all!
                BPA:
                BPA exam: 2/23/11
                NOR: 3/2/11 (92)
                TSL1: 06/03/11
                TSL2: 06/03/11
                Medical: 7/7/11 (Being reviewed)
                PFT1: 7/7/11 Cleared
                Structured Interview:7/14/11-Passed
                BI: In the Security Office

HSI SA:
                Applied: 06/07/11

Comment

Originally posted by SHU View Post
                  Have any non-VRA applicants received notice about a test date?
                  Not yet.
                  What is Perseverance?
                  -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                  -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                  -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

Thank goodness. It was painful to check the other thread. All I wanted to know is if anyone had heard back yet, and Id end up getting backlash. Enough dwelling on that hot mess. Positive thoughts that we will hear about test dates in Aug/Sept! (keeping fingers crossed)

Comment

I applied and receive my notice of results in June too, so still expecting to hear something soon

Comment

Has anyone heard an ETA on the March VRA testing results?

Comment

Originally posted by 11/10/1775 View Post
                          Has anyone heard an ETA on the March VRA testing results?
                          I was told by DSC sometime "Mid July".

Comment

Has anyone started studying yet? If yes, are you using materials other than the online I.C.E prep manual? Which materials are you using?

I hope with a NOR of 87, I make the cut off and get a chance to test

Comment

Originally posted by Double123 View Post
                              Has anyone started studying yet? If yes, are you using materials other than the online I.C.E prep manual? Which materials are you using?

I hope with a NOR of 87, I make the cut off and get a chance to test
                              This post is not to shatter any hopes, or even to say this is for sure. Pure rumor mill, but from a somewhat reliable source, so I figured I'd share.

I've been told that the testing cut-off will be 90% ratings and above. My source is an ICE Task Force Officer that I work with in my area. He applied and received a 92% (which is pretty ridiculous IMO, since he's already doing the job, just getting paid a local salary), though I forgot to ask him if he has his degree. He's not a vet, I know that much. He's a real squared away guy and I figured he would've scored as high as I did (97%). His source is a contact in the know in DC. The GS and others in the local office don't have a clue regarding this information.

Anyway, not something I can confirm. But I figured some would like to know whatever information is out there. After all, isn't this kinda a gossip forum anyway?

If anyone has heard anything different, please share.....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5370 users online. 224 members and 5146 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X