300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swolatxfer View Post
    I would check Southwest. They have a pretty large hub at BWI and have some 40/80/120 deals going this month. Start watching "The Wire" on the plane.
    Copy, thanks.

Comment

I too am considering Baltimore PD and am from California. Only 50 slots left though? is it worth the commute? What do you guys think?

Comment

I am certain that there are few places in the country that are better to learn how to be a cop than Bodymore, Murderland. Spent 10+ years there before I got tired of the BS. Great place to learn how to work the street for a few years. Be careful what you wish for though as its not for everyone. The comment earlier about it being a warzone is somewhat correct in the fact that most people are armed in some way or fashion. Anyone who wants to learn fast have at it. Best of luck.

Comment

Just understand why you want to be police. Do the research...get a ride along...understand what you are getting into...talk with all types of guys rookies to vets....take all the perspectives and have a plan. Don't deviate from your plan. Again do your homework!
          Last edited by bobby11vd; 07-19-2011, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Like others have said, BPD coppers get a lot of respect from D.C. coppers. Baltimore is no joke and the real deal. If you really want to be the police, Baltimore is a place where you'll be able to really get your feet wet.

Comment

Read this:

http://www.copinthehood.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MPDCjock View Post
                Like others have said, BPD coppers get a lot of respect from D.C. coppers. Baltimore is no joke and the real deal. If you really want to be the police, Baltimore is a place where you'll be able to really get your feet wet.
                Yes they do. lol At least on MPD we could get semi-decent pay. BPD dealt with low pay, and a crazy department. As the others have said, know what you are getting into. Alot of the feds have offices there, so go in there, get your feet wet, and rexamine your options.

On the plus side, if you are into real estate, you can buy entire blocks of row houses. lol
                Last edited by MPD1651; 07-19-2011, 06:55 AM. Reason: spelling, sheesh.

Comment

While MPDC makes more money, I feel that BPD gets more bang for the buck. Real estate is a lot cheaper around Baltimore, you can get great deals in PA. While in DC real estate is ridiculous! Anywho Baltimore PD is real police

Comment

Well.....the crime is real crime and some of the police are real police. Just sit around Johns Hopkins for a few minutes and you'll see some of the people that wear the uniform. Not what I'd want walking into a hairy situation with me. And those are the ones that get promoted and mismanage those that are real police.

Comment

Originally posted by manstown View Post
                      Well.....the crime is real crime and some of the police are real police. Just sit around Johns Hopkins for a few minutes and you'll see some of the people that wear the uniform. Not what I'd want walking into a hairy situation with me. And those are the ones that get promoted and mismanage those that are real police.
                      Like this guy?
                      http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?desktop...WrV8TcUc&gl=US

Comment

My first roomate in the NYSP academy was former BPD. He left our academy after a week because he wanted to go back to Baltimore, I think they offered him a promotion to come back. He seemed like a good dude.
                        I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

The webpage has been updated, two more event are up for registration.
                          Last edited by Ross; 08-17-2011, 10:11 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6347 users online. 237 members and 6110 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X