Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baltimore City Police - 2 day expedited hiring event

Here is the link - http://www.baltimorepolice.org/join-...uitment-events

I know a ton of people are looking to break into LE, here is an opportunity.

Baltimore is no joke...check out the MD section for additional info on BPD (I don't work there) but wanted to open this up to additional people.

Good luck

As an MPD officer who worked some busy areas, we always gave the BPD guys much love. Always felt they had it a bit tougher than we did. Then again, they went through something like 5 chiefs in 4 years. A current BPD officer would know more though.

Comment

Sun - Written and PT testing
      Mon - Interview and written psych exam

Thanks for the info!

Comment

How do you register?
        NYPD

Exam: 2311 Passed:9X.XX%
        Medical: TBD
        Psych Exam: TBD
        Oral Psych: TBD
        Meet BI: TBD
        JST: TBD
        Mini-Medical: TBD

Comment

It would be on the day that I got subpoenaed to testify

Comment

oh boy oh boy.

my friend just got hired and graduated the baltimore academy about a year ago. he said it is a warzone from within and out.

goodluck to all!

its not a normal police department. he claims corruption, micromanaging and a lot lot lot lot lot of scrutiny.
            Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Originally posted by ufgator2009 View Post
              How do you register?
              +1

you had me at warzone....

Comment

Baltimore is no joke. The City is run by a bunch of fools, as is the State. City Hall does everything in it's power to cut funds for police work, and the PD/FD are ALWAYS at odds with the Administration. You'll be getting it from all sides. The West side of Baltimore might as well be Fallujah.

Comment

Anyone know the most cost-effective way to travel to B-more from California? With jobs so scarce, I am willing to make the trek, but don't want to spend a small fortune going there.

Comment

Grew up in Baltimore, worked in Baltimore and love Baltimore. I was hired twice by BPD. Turned it down because of all the issues mentioned above. And they wanted me to go through the academy again after I just graduated from one and I was told they would meet me half way on pay and they didn't. City Hall is going to single handedly destroy that city. And it is going to start with the PD and the FD. Just think about the 2 day hiring. How in the hell can you hire qualified people in 2 days. I'm from Baltimore and from the day I applied to the day they offered me the job the first time was 3 weeks. The second offer came 1 week later. I took the test on a Tuesday with 3 other people. Out of the 4 of us, 2 failed the BI, one with a warrant who was put in cuffs right there, and the 3rd just walked out in the middle of the test. I passed, they tell you right there, and started the rest of the process the next day. Look into the PD in the news and you'll find out what kind of people get hired in the 2 days. Like the dudes that were getting high during the academy when they would leave for lunch. I know quite a few people there, have a cousin that's a LT, and they enjoy the job, but have much to say about the way things are run there. Many not too good. Tread lightly with this process.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ Major09 View Post
                      Anyone know the most cost-effective way to travel to B-more from California? With jobs so scarce, I am willing to make the trek, but don't want to spend a small fortune going there.

I would check Southwest. They have a pretty large hub at BWI and have some 40/80/120 deals going this month. Start watching "The Wire" on the plane.

Comment

All of this is irrelevant, they are filled to capacity (50 slots only). Just got off the phone with them.. "watch the website" another one might be coming soon.
                        Last edited by Ross; 07-13-2011, 01:54 PM.

Comment

only 50 slots to find candidates? wow

Comment

Originally posted by manstown View Post
                            Grew up in Baltimore, worked in Baltimore and love Baltimore. I was hired twice by BPD. Turned it down because of all the issues mentioned above. And they wanted me to go through the academy again after I just graduated from one and I was told they would meet me half way on pay and they didn't. City Hall is going to single handedly destroy that city. And it is going to start with the PD and the FD. Just think about the 2 day hiring. How in the hell can you hire qualified people in 2 days. I'm from Baltimore and from the day I applied to the day they offered me the job the first time was 3 weeks. The second offer came 1 week later. I took the test on a Tuesday with 3 other people. Out of the 4 of us, 2 failed the BI, one with a warrant who was put in cuffs right there, and the 3rd just walked out in the middle of the test. I passed, they tell you right there, and started the rest of the process the next day. Look into the PD in the news and you'll find out what kind of people get hired in the 2 days. Like the dudes that were getting high during the academy when they would leave for lunch. I know quite a few people there, have a cousin that's a LT, and they enjoy the job, but have much to say about the way things are run there. Many not too good. Tread lightly with this process.
                            B-More sounds like an active department for a new guy to get their feet wet...but if it's anything like you say I sure as hell wouldn't want those Officers backing me up or FTO's like that training new guys.

Comment

I talked to the recruiting officer this morning, and he told me that in September they will have a recruiting event that is more all-encompassing than the one this weekend or the ones next month. He recommended that I wait until then to make the journey. I am waiting on a department here in California to give me an academy date, and that is arouund the time I should know something. I can't lie though, it may be screwed up, but I would take the job if offered it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6759 users online. 288 members and 6471 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X