300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entry level AFOSI openings

Just a heads up for anyone interested. AFOSI is taken entry level applicants, closing date of 27 June so hurry up and email that app in!

http://www.osi.andrews.af.mil/shared...110620-023.pdf

Paul, did you see the KSA statements anywhere? The website says to be sure to submit the KSA statements from each vacancy; however, I did not see any KSA's in the announcement.

Comment

As far as I know, there are none. There is a section on the announcement called "Applicant Suitability Requirements." There are not any standard KSAs asked, however, they do ask specifics on some skills such as language and computer skills.
      Last edited by o2force; 06-25-2011, 05:29 PM.

Comment

thanks for posting this. would have missed it.

Comment

Thanks! Just finished applying!

Comment

my computer is acting up and i can't open the pdf file, can somebody tell me how or where to apply for this??
            ICE 1811

Test: July 09
            NOR: August 09
            SI/WA: 12/3/10
            NOR: 12/29/10
            TO: 01/03/11
            Medical: 01/24/11
            Drug Test: 01/26/11
            Background: 02/10/11
            T&S: 03/30/11

Comment

ugh, the process for applying is very annoying. They need to switch over to USAJOBS or something...

Comment

Originally posted by BRC View Post
                Paul, did you see the KSA statements anywhere? The website says to be sure to submit the KSA statements from each vacancy; however, I did not see any KSA's in the announcement.
                The law passed this year or last ,i cant remember, to streamline federal hiring did away with KSA requirements. You shouldnt see them on any more federal hirings. All jobs are supposed to be posted on USA jobs also with a few exceptions and im guessing AFOSI either has an exception or simply hasnt had to comply with the new requirements yet.

As for why it says KSAs are still required, this is pretty much a cut and paste job announcement. I still have their announcement from last year saved and you can see where they just edited dates and such, so they simply didnt delete the part that says to fill out the KSAs. Also, oddly it says the hiring dates are from 20 June to 27 June but they didnt post the job till 23 June! Im guessing the HR for AFOSI is a little over worked!

Comment

I've tried the fax a couple of times and it just rings and rings. Anyone have a successful number they can send me?
                  Last edited by audi0xpl0de; 06-26-2011, 01:22 AM.

Comment

If it didn't require you to be with-in 120 days of ending active duty I would submit. I will look for the next one, hopefully in around 3-4 months.

Comment

The FBI some time ago allowed Guard & Reserve members join the agency due to problems hiring people. I hope AFOSI will do the same some day.

Comment

Application material has been e-mailed.

I am a current reservist and was trying to enter through the reserve side but by the time some things were straightened out with my re-enlistment, I had over 12 years TAFMS (Total Active Federal Military Service), which took me out. I am curious if I come on as a civilian agent, would I then be able to be a reservist agent as well after I have graduated the academy?
                        Or, will I be a civilian agent full time and when I do my reserve activity, I stay a Security Forces member?
                        In Process Apps:
                        LASD - 04/2015 Completed Out of State Testing
                        Passed Written, Fitness, Polygraph
                        08/2015 - Background Completed
                        09/2015 - Medical/Psych Scheduled

Comment

Originally posted by JarrGen View Post
                          Application material has been e-mailed.

I am a current reservist and was trying to enter through the reserve side but by the time some things were straightened out with my re-enlistment, I had over 12 years TAFMS (Total Active Federal Military Service), which took me out. I am curious if I come on as a civilian agent, would I then be able to be a reservist agent as well after I have graduated the academy?
                          Or, will I be a civilian agent full time and when I do my reserve activity, I stay a Security Forces member?
                          If they do it similar to how they do CID for the army, then after you have the academy and complete 1 year of probation you CAN put in a packet for a commission to AFOSI (for the army this was a WO for CID though so again hard to tell!).

One thing to remember though, even though you may be an AFOSI agent you still may not meet the requirements to receive a commission from the air force! While a civilian job like this would help, it is definitely not a guarantee to it transferring over to your reserve side.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul554 View Post
                            If they do it similar to how they do CID for the army, then after you have the academy and complete 1 year of probation you CAN put in a packet for a commission to AFOSI (for the army this was a WO for CID though so again hard to tell!).

One thing to remember though, even though you may be an AFOSI agent you still may not meet the requirements to receive a commission from the air force! While a civilian job like this would help, it is definitely not a guarantee to it transferring over to your reserve side.

Paul554,
                            I think you misunderstood. I have no intent of being commissioned. I am too old per the AFI, unless I was to receive a medical commission.
                            My question was if I come on as a civilian agent, would I then be able to be an enlisted reservist agent as well after I have graduated the academy?
                            By the way, it’s not an important factor, just something I am curious about.
                            Last edited by JarrGen; 06-26-2011, 01:40 PM. Reason: typo
                            In Process Apps:
                            LASD - 04/2015 Completed Out of State Testing
                            Passed Written, Fitness, Polygraph
                            08/2015 - Background Completed
                            09/2015 - Medical/Psych Scheduled

Comment

I have a question about deployments.

How long/frequent are they?

Is is an option to take a long term deployment for a couple years in lieu of a few short ones?

The reason I ask is that I'm single with two dogs and I want to keep them with me, so with a long term one, I might be able to bring them. That was one of the appeals of Diplomatic Security- I just didn't pass the BEX with them.

Any input is appreciated. I read through the last thread on AFOSI and didn't see anything like this covered.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12269 users online. 470 members and 11799 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X