X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul554
    started a topic Entry level AFOSI openings

Entry level AFOSI openings

Just a heads up for anyone interested. AFOSI is taken entry level applicants, closing date of 27 June so hurry up and email that app in!

http://www.osi.andrews.af.mil/shared...110620-023.pdf

• Lee123
    replied
    If anyone's got some insight into the Reserves agent hiring process/career, feel free to PM me. Thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• aeonpctech
    commented on 's reply
    Scheduled for 1/31/2019.

• DocHolidayFan
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you all for the advice

• dstoke
    commented on 's reply
    I was never enlisted so take my advice for what you think it’s worth. I highly discourage enlisting in any career field, or enlisting for that matter for the sole purpose of coming into OSI. Like gollywompas said, bureaucracy sometimes get in the way even if you are the best qualified, enlisted selection is much less uniform than civilian hiring and there are many more factors outside of your control that have to go right for you to get into OSI, 4-5 years after you enlist. If 1811 is your goal and you want to enlist, I’d recommend careers in cyber or language billet over security forces. If you don’t get selecte for OSI, your background will make you much more attractive to outside agencies than Security forces.

• Gollywompas
    commented on 's reply
    I would agree with cmor5150 if you are strictly interested in criminal investigations... that is a much better deal than having to wait for OSI, even the best candidates don't get in sometimes based on Air Force Bureaucracy. However, if you were looking to step into counterintelligence, Army CID is not duel hatted like OSI or NCIS. Probably because they can't figure out how to switch from green to yellow crayons.... but i'm just guessing there. I also think OSI has a few more niceties than CID currently, like direct reporting to the inspector general and SECAF as apposed to falling under the MP command, as well as privately owned weapon usage and off duty carry using our creds but I think CID was taking steps to get their people more privileges in those regards.
    Last edited by Gollywompas; 01-02-2019, 12:49 PM.

• Gollywompas
    commented on 's reply
    out of my FLETC class of 24, 4 of us were prior Security Forces, 1 intel, 1 bioenvironmental, 1 medical... and the rest were maintenance

• cmor5150
    commented on 's reply
    Army has a direct accession program for CID (31D). You would enlist directly into the CID slot as an E4 and get to live off post as a single E4. Don’t go chairforce.

• Gollywompas
    commented on 's reply
    yeah.. don't go security forces unless you have no other interest in the AF, SF has an extremely high number of OSI applicants and usually only release about 5 a quarter. It gives you no real advantage as far as OSI is concerned.. OSI looks for people from all career fields. What matters is being a top performer in whatever job you have and having the right mindset to be an Agent.

• DocHolidayFan
    replied
    If edoc is right, 30 minutes wasted lol. I guess ill just try again next posting.

are there any enlisted OSI agents on here? I'd like to talk to someone about working my way to OSI by first enlisting into security forces. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• edoc118
    commented on 's reply
    It’s a public notice. It means they already know who they’re hiring, it’s just there because they’re legally required to post that. It’s most likely a waste of time to apply for that.

• WillB1smday
    replied
    Originally posted by DocHolidayFan View Post
    Happy New Year, all. Anyone goy info on this job posting?

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/520450500
    I don’t think it’s an AFOSI opening...AFPC has been doing weird things lately with these hiring announcements. This one looks more like a resume gathering announcement.

Leave a comment:

• SSG_MP
    commented on 's reply
    It says promotion potential “7”.....HUH????????

• DocHolidayFan
    replied
    Happy New Year, all. Anyone goy info on this job posting?

https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/520450500

Leave a comment:

• Gollywompas
    commented on 's reply
    Preach brother!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6527 users online. 196 members and 6331 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X