Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK folks

Here's what I can say.

We got more than enough applications so the weeding process will start soon. Our process is not as automated as most feds. This is because we actually give concideration to all the packages, vs run them through a filtering program to select key words. This is also why our process will seem maddeningly slow.

We will hire folks that we feel have the best combination of experience, education, drive, trainability and the "Intangible" which encompasses stuff like Language skills, and Computer skills, CI experience, Ability to make Guacamole Etc...

Congradulations for those in the process. We are picky and would love to hire everyone, but we have to choose who we will bet on wisely, Once you are in, you have far more autonomy and freedom than most agents in how you do your job. This means maturity is huge, as you will not have someone over your shoulder most of the time.

If you do not get picked up, apply next time.

Giving up after the first try is not a trait we look for.

M-11
    “All men dream...... But not equally..
    Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
    but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
    for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

• Not really skill sets at the top with experience following.
      AFOSI
      Applied 01/08/12

Comment

• Not really skill sets at the top with experience following.
        Experience=skill sets in this job.

Education is good but experience is an awesome trainer. Both will be looked at closely. Remember we ask a lot of people, there are no "Entry Level" jobs in OSI. Your first day at a det you are jobbing
        Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;

TE Lawrence

Comment

• M-11,
          do AFOSI agents often get reassign to Asia, like China, Korea Japan? I know I would love to go there.

Comment

• hey M11, any chance you know when the civilian CARB meets? I'm asking regarding the paq program, I'm almost done with the process so you know, the wait is always the longest when you are so close yet so far.
            And Roninjin, there are no assignments to China, the Chinese does not allow U.S. military presence on its soil, unless you want to start WWIII. I've spoken to agents that were posted in Korea and Japan, from my limited understanding there is a pretty large presence of OSI agents in both of those nations. But I'm sure M11 could answer this much better than I can.

Comment

• M-11

So if we haven't made the cut, will we still get an email? Just curious, because my inbox is still sitting at 0.

Comment

• And Roninjin, there are no assignments to China, the Chinese does not allow U.S. military presence on its soil, unless you want to start WWIII.
                Over-dramatic much? There are in fact US military personnel in China: Military attache's, Marine security forces, etc.

Whether the US Dept of State and AF decide an AFOSI agent is warranted there is a valid question, but just being "China" in and of itself wouldn't prevent it.
                "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

• that was meant as a joke tanksoldier, nowthing more. Now, to my understanding still, and I could be wrong, but OSI does not send its people to China. I did not know there were any military attache from the U.S. in China, Marine security I understand, they operate in U.S. embassies and is therefore technically operating on U.S. soil correct? I figured any agency with a robust CI mission wouldn't be all that welcomed in China. But then again FBI has attache offices in China.

Comment

• Originally posted by dl6389 View Post
                    that was meant as a joke tanksoldier, nowthing more. Now, to my understanding still, and I could be wrong, but OSI does not send its people to China. I did not know there were any military attache from the U.S. in China, Marine security I understand, they operate in U.S. embassies and is therefore technically operating on U.S. soil correct? I figured any agency with a robust CI mission wouldn't be all that welcomed in China. But then again FBI has attache offices in China.
                    1. Whether or not OSI sends its agents to China (or anywhere else) should/would not be discussed openly unless previously sanctioned. Without getting into details- there are Defense Attaches (DATTs) in China, just as there are Chinese Attaches here in the US. http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/...60T01220100130

2. Embassy grounds, facilities and buildings are not 'US Soil' (Common myth). According to the Vienna Convention, the host nation retains jurisdiction and ownership of Diplomatic Missions, however they may not enter the premises without the represented nation's permission.

Hope this helps.
                    Last edited by lowfatblueberryogurt; 07-06-2011, 05:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Corpor_usmc View Post
                      Just received this email:

Greetings Applicant,

Thank you for your interest in the Air Force Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI). We received your application/resume for our recent vacancy announcement (06-11-DEV-01) and wanted to give you a glimpse of the timeline ahead.

The response to our announcement was tremendous. We received over 200 applications and will begin the process of reviewing each of them. As you might imagine, this process will take some time. Here is the process we will use from this point forward.

* Travel and lodging will be at applicant’s expense

CIV, USAF
                      AFOSI Recruiting Manager
                      Marine Corps Base Quantico, VA
                      Office Phone:
                      I feel bad for anyone who needs to travel to HQ for processing, too bad they couldn't conduct at multiple locations.

I just booked a flight from DC metro to LA, hotel, etc...very expensive. Good thing my company is paying

Good luck all, with only 200 applying your chances might be decent compared to some federal LE "cattle calls" where everyone and their mother applies to any "Special Agent" spot

Never heard a bad thing about OSI.

Comment

• Originally posted by UD4LIFE View Post
                        I feel bad for anyone who needs to travel to HQ for processing, too bad they couldn't conduct at multiple locations.
                        Yeah, it'll be rough if you're on the other side of the USA, but good for those who are on the east coast who can make it there for a day trip.

.gov has slashed budgets, and the DoD is no exception. It is what it is.

Comment

• If your first assignment isn't close to current home, is it paid? I would imagine no like most 1811 spots.

Also - is it common for new SA's to be placed overseas? If so, is that initial move paid?
                          Last edited by UD4LIFE; 07-06-2011, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• I believe they just moved their HQ to Quantico, which is only 20 miles up I-95 for me. If anyone has questions about the area, pending they are at Quantico, let me know.

Comment

• M-11/Chargers its been a while!

Your first move will not be paid regardless of how close/far it is from your current residence. You can, however, claim moving expenses on your income taxes and generally you get most of the money back.

Some are placed overseas for the first assignment it just depends on what the needs of the agency are at the time you come in.

Remember if this is a job you are looking for know EVERYTHING about it before applying. Realize that you will deploy if you get a gig with AFOSI. Also, this process will be a long one, like all 1811 gigs.

Good luck to those applying.

Comment

• Thank god you're here pilt,

Help answer some of this stuff...

I've been in the corral so long now I'm afraid some of my CIV specific hire knowledge is dated...

How you been?

TE Lawrence

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8612 users online. 380 members and 8232 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X